Thursday 29 April 2010

Vase Breathing and the channels

Thursday 11:40 a.m.
This is for the joe or josephine from Dahlonega, Georgia, USA, who starred all the vase breathing posts on the googly search thingy. Hands across the ocean, perhaps one nutter to another!

Nothing exists in the manner of its appearance, of course. This might help with getting into the emptiness of all phenomena, especially when applied to thoughts.

We embrace our ignorance
We don't believe in any things
Especially thoughts.

It specifically says in The Book of the Three Inspirations by Tsongkhapa (trans. by Mullin), if I remember aright, that you shouldn't try raising heat up through your central channel until you can clearly envisage the three channels. In fact, it says you will go to hell. I assume we can take hell to be an unfortunate mental state. I wonder here if he might be talking about what happened to Gobi Khrisna, who had a kundalini arousal up the wrong channel and was completely funged for thirteen years. That's a fair enough warning.

I can't visualise these three channels hardly at all, but I am trying to raise inner heat, obviously the way you're not supposed to.

I don't see how you could get to this level of visualisation unless you were doing a solitary retreat. Recently, I've been getting the visualisations a lot stronger, but I'm still a million miles away.

I started raising my awareness through the only vaguely visualised upper chakras because concentrating on the navel chakra (symbol) was increasing my libido in ways that weren't much help, considering the only women I know are grannies who only want assistance with their luggage.

Also, you can tell that the bliss in the mid-brain chakra is where the bliss really is the bliss, so there's a tendency to go for the bliss.

When you look at the computery thing, it might not exist quite the way it appears to exist to you, but there is something there. Quite what it is, I'm not too sure. I think of these channels and their visualisation/appearance in much the same way.

From other readings, it would seem that something has to move from your navel chakra up through the other chakras until it breaks through into the brain chakra. I was expecting this to happen all of a sudden, but I think it's occurring gradually with me. Everything occurs gradually with me, more gradually than it needs to due to my being a bad boy.

When you're actually trying to do the meditations, gradually sometimes seems to be going quite fast!

The sensations occurring the body/mind nexus/ envelope/ sheath thing are not really describable, at least not by me. But I'm getting quite a bit of warmth now though it isn't in the central channel or at the navel symbol. Sometimes there seems to be a lot of warmth in my abdomen, and more of it around the abdomen walls. This morning this felt very pleasant indeed. I think I could get quite hot if I could only get a long run at this juju, but I won't have a free evening now till Saturday, and Sunday is my first free day. Basturns!

The Domestic Bliss asked me why I wanted to go and live in the hut. I don't really want to live in the hut. I want to get this heat moving up the central channel. It might do it even if I cannot visualise the channels well, given that there is some kind of channel there anyway. If it goes up the wrong channel because my visualisations are crap ...

Englightenment in this very body is all that matters. Shakymuni.

I was listening to Lama Yeshe on the CD at the auld maw's last Friday. He said the lineages had been going for two and a half thousand years. They would not have lasted if they had not been of benefit. He said you could trust the lineages so that no harm would come to you when you were practising this juju, except he didn't call it juju of course!

I take refuge in the Buddha, the Dharma and the Sangha. The Great Buddha Lama Yeshe Losal is my guru. May all sentient beings be happy! Back to the lobby then off to visit someone in the hospital!

THIS POST WAS WRITTEN BY JOHN McKENZIE WHO HAS TEN BOOKS ON KINDLE. THE ONES CLOSELY CONNECTED WITH BUDDHISM, MEDITATION, BLISS, VASE BREATHING, TUMMO, ETC., ARE
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buddha-Big-Bad-Wolf-ebook/dp/B005AIP7QE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319126284&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buddha-Big-Bad-Wolf-ebook/dp/B005AIP7QE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319126284&sr=8-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Land-Demon-Masters-ebook/dp/B004XJ7OEO/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1319126424&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Real-McCoy-ebook/dp/B0054H4MO4/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1319126490&sr=1-1

2 comments:

rob said...

Seriously, I understand the hut-dwelling ambition a little, though a hut I a warmer country would help.

Surely one can make any location into a hut? For instance, I'm stuck in a 5 star hotel room right now, but to me it's a solitary confinement hut for yoga etc. Obviously there are interfering chambermaids and I may have to venture out to the pool and sauna but nothing's perfect.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is this an offer to use your hut in the antipodes? I'll need lots of pot and beer, and a sylphlike female assistant. Hotboy