Thursday 22 April 2010

Thursday's Bliss Diary

11:10 a.m.
Having a wee break after the first meditation of the day. I woke up feeling happy today, a good sign!

It's all moved on again, Jack!

I hoped once that this bloggy might eventually show that you could do this juju without being religious or particularly saintly, or even good. In fact, that you could do it being deeply flawed, like moi! You don't have to believe in bugger all. You just do it and it works. Hurrah!

Having a guru was something that idiots used to boast about, like it was some kind of badge of merit, or wonderful acquisition. I instinctively disliked all that. Anybody who expects you to behave like some grovelling moron is to be avoided like the plague. This yoga I'm trying to do is a technique. I don't think you have to be particularly good to do it and achieve some success. You might even become a little charismatic. Someone I know once had a hindu yogi as a guru. The guy I knew didn't even meditate, but seemed completely captivated by this charlatan ... pass the sick bag, Jack.

An integral part of the great Vajrayana is Guru Yoga. I was getting plenty of bliss before I took refuge with Lama Yeshe, but if I hadn't great confidence in him ... I've gained this because I've made a wee bit of progress. If this is happening to me with the little amount I'm doing, well, God alone knows where that man's mind is! He is a genius of the juju and I wouldn't be half as confident in going into this heat stuff if I didn't think I could rely on him to help me when and if the shit hits the fan.

The Great Buddha Lama Yeshe Losal is my guru! Please give me your wisdom mind!

It's years now since I even spoke to the man. Doesn't matter. This guru yoga juju has gotten much better in the last year, ever since he went into the seven weeks in the dark retreat. It's a shame the folk I know best are all too dumb to meditate, but that's not my fault. I'm away back to the lobby now.

12:55 a.m.
Great amount of bliss in that meditation, but not much heat. Sometimes it takes about three hours to get into this stuff. I'd love to keep going today, but our friend with the MS is in respite care, so I have to go to visit. I don't grudge it. Always count my blessings after one of these visits!

3 comments:

Hotboy said...

Chaudy? Are you a spam robot? Do you know Jack? How do you fancy a magic towel going cheap at a knockdown price of £1500? Hotboy ps If you're an Indian landowner, what did you think of White Tiger, the novel, then?

rob said...

Re the friend with the MS. I always count my blessings after visiting the old dear in the special ward.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'm surprised they let you out! Have they not got your name down for the rubber room yet? Hotboy