Wednesday 28 April 2010

Hut Report!




Wednesday 7:40 p.m.
The bliss was running strong today alright, but I was also very tired from my two and a half days at the jobbie when Uncle Brian came round to see about the hut. I do not think Uncle Brian quite understood that I wanted him to do all the work, and all he did was measure the problem and give sage advice. But this was enough to galvanise me with enthusiasm for fixing it myself. I have to get a bit of external plywood eight foot by four and balance it on my head (how else would I carry it?) from Homebase, around a good fifteen minute walk away, and then nail it into the space which will appear once I have ripped the rotten bit away.

Had I been consorting with suitably qualified members of the working class instead of hanging around with a bunch of useless bourgeois basturns, this hut problem would have been cheerfully dealt with ages ago. Still ...

The Inter Milan versus Barca game is just coming on the telly. At half time I will go out and buy four bottles of Erdinger. The pizzaman may call tomorrow before I go on my hospital visit. I'll have to find a way of passing some pizza onto the consiglieri without smoking any of it.

It has been reported that they sell Erdinger in the Fatherland for 85 pence a bottle!! It wouldn't mind a bit of goosestepping if I could get Erdinger at that price!

The tree sits outside our window. It's flaming white. The reason I put in both photies is to show what a crap camera I'm having to deal with here. The colour sometimes doesn't show up well at all. Come on, Inter Milan! Get into these foreign swinehoonts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

I thought you had given up the drinking.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! So I have! I've given up three times this week already! Hotboy

rob said...

A photie of you carrying the board on your head in the Edinburgh wind. That would be something.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Well done for pointing out he difficulties with the wind. Mingin' has the same problem. I suppose you caught from the sea cadets. Hotboy