Sunday 18 April 2010

Update!

Sunday 11:20 p.m.
It's a week since I stopped dancing the dance of death with the Nicotine Dragon. Once again. Tonight is the first night since then that I haven't had a drink.

I'm here to tell you, Jack, that I'm going to change my wicked ways. I've heard that before, Hotboy. At least, I shall relent for a little while.

Some dead old guy came to see me today. Dead old but not so old that he couldn't have parents still alive. One of them has just been parked in the loony bit due to the psychosis and the other is demented. You couldn't make it up.

I'm not doing that, Jack! Not if I can help it. What do you get if you want the wrong things again, Jack? Hotboy, is it not grief, sorrow, lamentations ... delusions, disappointments and despair ... suffering in this life? I think that's about it, Jack. I think that's just about the size of it.

I might be marching towards the sound of gunfire because I don't really know what I'm doing or where I'm heading with this juju, but all around the alternatives just seem too appalling to behold. Old flatheids. Anything is better than being an old flatheid. Dearie, dearie me!

I'm getting hot just sitting here. Tsongkhapa says there are different kinds of heat, but the heat you seem to be looking for is that which occurs in the central channel. I'm getting all-over heat. When you are dealing, or meddling, with something as basic as how your body regulates heat, obviously there may be the potential for disaster.

Tilopa said to Naropa -after he'd given him the hardest of hard times - I will give you something which will enable you to prevail against the cold. This is the juju of jujus, the foundation practise for the Six Yogas of Naropa, and I think now it's really starting to work.

Trying to do this juju does not come easily to a joe like moi!

Early evening I did the five hills run. The diggings are just about finished. Everything is going to be a whole lot easier from now till I get paid again in ten days time. By then I hope to have learned to enjoy a spartan lifestyle.

Some hopes. At least, if you can't be good all the time, you can be good some of the time!

8 comments:

Marie Rex said...

I think a lot of old comes from inside our head. Our outlook makes a big difference. I've met folks who were physically young and very old in their attitudes and outlook. I've met folks who where physically old and cheerfully young in their outlook.

You make your own happiness and it comes from inside your head. Nothing you can have or want will change that.

This is my biggest challenge to grow where I am planted and get on with it. To choose to be happy, no matter what.

I've got sprouts in my greenhouse and leaves on my roses. If the volcano doesn't leave us in darkness this summer, things should do well here.

Hotboy said...

Marie! They say if you meditate enough you should attain a mental equilibrium that allows you to be happy in any circumstances. Not yet for me anyway!! It's overcast here this morning. I'm hoping for more eruptions from the volcano so I don't have to spend the last weekend before I get paid on my own! Selfish person that I am. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

I am convinced that this time you will mend yor wicked ways, but watch out for Laconophilia.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I've got too many other diseases to fit that one in! Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters, you're too modest, I bet you could fit anything in.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'm not going there with you today! Hotboy

Marie Rex said...

I don't mind the volcano so much. I just hope it is cleared up by 18 May. I'm suppose to fly over and see my new grandson then.

I was in Portland and watched Mt St Helens blow in 1980. It was beautiful, but the ash was nasty stuff. Except for the tomatoes. I grew wonderful tomatoes that year.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Seeing Mt Helena's going mad must have been very interesting, so long as you weren't too close. Hope everything clears up for your trip to see the grandkid! Hotboy