Thursday 8 April 2010

Thursday




10:00 a.m.
My wonderful Thursday disappears at one o clock when I have to do things for other people. I hate that!

The first meditation of the day was great!!

Every now and again, the "buddha boy" comes to mind. The Jim Morrison of the Juju! He's inspirational, so he is. Anyway, at the start of most of the first of the day meditations, I try to visualise a list of gurus, built up over the years. When I told the lama this when I was asking him to by my guru, he rubbed his forefinger against his breast bone and said: Concentrate on me. So I do, but I go through the other ones as well. You get the image in front of your face, then on top of your head, then try to get it into a white line coming down through your body (with much bliss!) and say to yourself: Please give me your wisdom mind. This starts with the lama and ends with the lama. In between, we have Dr Akong Tulku Rinpoche, Ringu Tulku, Teresa, The Dalai Lama, Kalu Rinpoche, Lama Thebten Yeshe, The Sixteen Karmapa, and, finally, The Seventeenth Karmapa. After I do the lama again, I then go onto Christ's face from the Turin Shroud.

Lamb of God who takest away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God who takest away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God who takest away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
When the Shroud face is visualised over the head, I say: Kyrie Eleison, Kyrie Eleison, Kyrie Eleison ...

I could fit the Buddha Boy in there somewhere, but it's crowded enough really.

I've only got till one o clock, so I'd better crack on!

11:10 p.m.
Just about then, mid-morning, Albert showed up. He looks as if somebody has just dug him up. When I saw Albert about six years ago, I thought he looked really terrible then, and was coming round to see old friends for the last goodbye. He looks just as bad now. I wonder how long he's looked that bad. Can't have long to go now, not looking as awful as that. At least, he's got some hair on his head which is more than you can say for some people.

He said he didn't want to disturb me. Sometimes if you're sitting in the temple at the Samye Ling, tourists come in and say, "It's awful quiet in here" in a loud voice. He only stayed five minutes. Just enough to completely unsettle me. You see your demise in the collapsed, prune-like faces of your contemporaries. I doubt if he's going to make it up the stairs again anyway.

I got my life back about six o clock and had a wonderfully reassuring meditation then for over an hour. Then the skipping, jumpings and shadow boxings. Felt clean after that. Cleansed. Then another great meditation.

The bliss today has been at times extraordinary. I'm into the extraordinary bliss now, Jack. Sometimes it was almost whao scary. The whao scary bliss. Shame the basturns took my wonderful Thursday away from me, but there you go. Win some, lose some.

The photies were taken in the good mother's back garden this afternoon.

8 comments:

rob said...

How fortunate is that Albert guy, not to have the bloated look of a total blissheid.

Re the maternal dualism: where have you hidden the bad mother? Mine are combined into one for convenience.

Re the scary bliss: If it's any help, I believe the technical term is dementia.

Anonymous said...

I say!

All this talk about the Lamb of God reminds me of an historic leg of lamb that was served up to myself and Mrs M at the Grasmere Hotel a few years back. Wonderful taste. Lovely mint to go with it as well.

MM III

Hotboy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hotboy said...

Onan? Are you still in Bavaria? Yon Albert is not bloated, that's for sure. Could slide down the plughole if he doesn't watch out. Re your mother: she had you. The wummin must be a saint! Try to see it from her point of view. Get some kind of makeover for God's sake!
Mingin'! A leg of lamb? Yummy! Roasted baby legs taste just the same, or so say the headhunters. You should pop over to New Guinea and see if you can get your knashers round some of that! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

I received a disturbing email from Brian Wilson. He said that ever since the (well named) Menzies Hotel had insisted that you eat your wedding meal in a room by yourself in case your diseased and pustulating face put off the other guests, you've been hiding away in your room not going out at all.

If that's the case, might I suggest that you hang a sign round your neck when you go out, saying "Not infectious" or, if you want to be truthful, "Not very infectious" (but put the 'very' in small letters).

This will put other people more at ease, and should help a lot.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Having scabs breaking out on your coupon is a great thing for scaring away the flatheids. I've got a mask set up over my face and a teeshirt saying: Burkas ya bass! Anybody hassles me about the jihad and I just whip off the mask and then they run away. Hurrah! Why didn't I think about that before. Unfortunately, I am unable to unleash the noxious odours due to a lack of overbite and no dead tortured animals in the diet. Oh well! Hotboy

onan said...

I say! I heard from someone who visited you that the scabs were invisible and you weren't wearing a sign. He's now in quarantine of course. PS Can you recommend a make up artist?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I think the boy who made you up to look like the walking dead is doing alright. Have you thought of forming a group to perform Thriller Geriatrica on YouTube? Hotboy