Friday 9 April 2010

Friday








Saturday 11:30 p.m.
I'd told her about the time of the train. We'd been gabbing longer than usual. The auld maw said: Won't we have time for a meditation then? Brought me up sharp, it did. Nobody else but the auld maw has ever said that to me.

I went up to the diggings just after six and sat at the side of the allotment and gave manual labour the elbow. There was nobody around. Great bit of meditation. I feel a bit frustrated that I'm not getting much of a run at it just now, but there's always tomorrow.

The tree photies were taken up the park this evening. The flowers are from the allotments, the daffs outside the hut and blue flowers, called I know not what, from an allotment just up from ours.

I ran the five hills tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. The new running shoes make all the difference.

2 comments:

rob said...

Nobody else but a mother would want to.

Your perseverance with the run, in such tropical conditions, is almost admirable. Here at the Housing Department there's a gym with treadmills where you can watch a video of Edinburgh as you run, so you get the same experience without having to mingle with the burghers. I could use it to keep the weight down.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Good idea to stick to the static machine. When you fall off, medical attention should be close at hand. Have you tried hopping on it yet? Hotboy