Tuesday 13 July 2010

Tuesday again!



Wednesday 12:15 a.m.
I got to the hut about half ten this morning, due to indulging the night before, and sat there on and off till half six. Beautiful morning. Lovely afternoon. The meditations only really started working in the last two hours, but then I had to go home and await a visit from Uncle Brian.

I did fifty of Mr Iyenga's yogic jumpings and felt much better than I expected. My overall fitness is much improved over the last year. Mr Iyenga's yogic jumpings separate the men from the boys.

Uncle Brian came to visit and I cadged a bit of bob hope and bought some fags. Only three bottles of home brew, and as you will be able to tell if you've been reading this bloggy before, almost sober.

I got an email from Teresa yesterday. A whoopee moment. She said I should speak to the lama sometimes even if I don't have a problem. Brian Wilson may be taking me there on Monday. Maybe I'll get to speak to the lama. What will I say, Jack?

Just fall on your knees and ask him to swop minds, Hotboy. Forget all this sitting in the hut crap! Go straight for the mind swop. He can have my body, which can do fifty of Mr Iyenga's yogic jumpings, and is a good eight years younger than his, and he can give me his mind. I've no idea what his mind must be like. Maybe fifteen years solitary retreat, plus three shots at seven weeks in the dark. Hmmm? I would really like to have a mind like that, even if just for a wee while. He could have the mental chaos, severe addictions, and, of course, the Australian Ladies Volleyball Squad.

So he doesn't fancy swopping minds. What do I say after that? I think I'm having an even more wonderful life than I was having before since I took refuge with this guy, and got the empowerments, and whatnot. Hmmm? I'll have to think up a joke. He'll probably know it already.

I had rich tea biscuits and two bananas in the hut today. Plus eating fruit. There are still strawberries. Very deathless in their delights.

9 comments:

rob said...

Rich tea biscuits. Not without tea one hopes?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Coffee, no sugar, no milk! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Now that you have no teeth left, I suppose that it's dunkin biscuits and soft fruit for you from now on.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'!Au contraire! The plastic one got glued back in. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

I think it's a diet of wine gums for you, from now on. Don't worry - it comes to everyone eventually. I expect that when I get as old as you, I'll be the same.

MM III

rob said...

Albert's dentist recommends carrying a set of several different-sized interproximal brushes, for reaming out interdental rich tea detritus before the rot sets in. You could try that, if only you were neurotic.

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! It must be great to have a mouth full of teeth, even if they are someone else's. You must tell us how you achieved this. Was it flossing. I'd never heard of that till I was fifty. Was it tepe-ing? I just heard about that yesterday. Have you got a tepe? Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? Since I've got a private dentist now, I've been using the interdental pokey things, and bloody all good it's done me! Hotboy

rob said...

If you're expecting the interdental things to take immediate effect, you'll be disappointed. I mean, how long did you have to bliss before you lost it?

PS Presumably a tepe is an Indian thing, like those ear candles but wigwam shaped.