Friday 16 July 2010

Get Your Dooks Up!




Friday 5:20 p.m.
Felt as if I'd won a prize this morning when the good mother called and said I didn't have to cycle to Newmains after all. The weather forecast was not good, to put it mildly. Then, when I got to the station en route for Bellshill, I saw that the line will be shut all next week from Shotts, so I can go to Newmains next Friday, but can cycle back to Shotts for the train, which is a far easier bike ride. Hurrah! After I go to hospital tomorrow, I'm practically free. Hurrah!

It turns out that you cannot buy a lunch at the Samye Ling anymore. They're now only for community members and overnight guests. It's enough to make you want to stay the night, those lunches were so good. For a fiver, they were giving them away anyway! I'll have to take pieces on Monday.

When I realised I didn't have to go to Newmains today, I went back into my room and did a fabulous hour and a half meditation. Back on form!! Then it was wonderful sitting while the Dhammapada was on at the auld maw's.

When I'm dead, I want someone to read the Heart Sutra and I want two people to read the dialogue off yon CD (it has more than just the dhammapada on it!) between the Buddha and the Great King, the one that starts: "And what shall you do, Great King, when old age and death come rolling in."

My brother Silvest is 72 on Monday. His maw is annoyed that he hasn't stopped smoking. Fancy having your maw getting on your wick when you were seventy two!

One of the photies is of the cycling gloves I bought when I got the nazi bike. I liked the look of them right away. There's a solid plastic coating over the knuckles. If the hut was under attack, I'd feel very confident opening the door if I was wearing such as those. So I would!

No comments: