Thursday 15 July 2010

Must do better!

Thursday 10:05 p.m.
I've just finished meditating for the day and the last one was a stunner, but I'm afraid to say that my plans for having a wee retreat in the hut have fallen to pieces.

By last Wednesday everything was going great. I was two days into my holiday. The weather was good and I'd stopped bothering about the time whilst sitting in the hut. But I'd already lost it. I hadn't ignored the flatheids who were telling me it was mad to spend the night in the hut, mad to take a camping cooker up there with me, etc. It's actually quite hard to impose these disciplines on oneself and you shouldn't expect flatheids to be supportive. That's why they're flatheids. Flatheids just don't get the bliss.

But by Wednesday it was coming along anyway. Then I had to visit our friend with the MS in Lanfine. Because the weekend visit to the Samye Ling had to be cancelled when the lady who was taking the class the Domestic Bliss was attending fell ill, I went on the granny run through Lanarkshire on the Friday. That takes it out of you more than just physically.

Then on Monday I had to go to the dentist and the optician. I had to go the optician today. I had to go to the Lanfine today. Tomorrow I have to do the granny run again. On Monday I will be down at the Samye with Brian Wilson and that will involve some kind of apres Samye debauchery for sure.

Too many appointments!!! I need two days of sitting to settle down. After that, I'll be in the gravy. After Monday what should I say to the flatheids, Jack? What you should say to the flatheids, Hotboy, is fung off!

During my summer holidays last year I spent about two and a half weeks at the Samye Ling. That was great!! Slightly marred by realising I'd have to frolic later with the flatheids in Skye, but still great. And easy. There are no flatheids down at the Samye Ling. The reason why I'm not there just now is because I don't have any money. Hmmm?

2 comments:

rob said...

Looking forward to the report re Brian's Samye experience.

PS - you should have listened to the flatheid who was telling you to sleep in the hut. PPS with the bulldog 44.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I should have just slept in the hut right enough. Thought I didn't need to, but I did! Hotboy