Thursday 22 July 2010

A beautiful day!








Friday 12:28 a.m.
The afternoon turned out to be completely beautiful. Pouring yesterday, gorgeous today. I was in the allotment for the start of the afternoon and then went to the Botanical Gardens to meditate around three. The green photies, due to the duff colour resolution, actually give a better representation of what it's like to meditate (well, for me) with your eyes open. Blurs a bit. Blurs a lot.

I still feel as if I've not quite gotten over speaking to the lama on Monday, and then I left the overgrown glade where I'd been sitting (nobody is going to walk into that place!) and, tired probably due to the excessive beers the night before, I lay down on a bench.

I always read the dedication on benches when I'm going to meditate on them, so it's a worthwhile remembrance to buy a bench for some dead joe or josephine. A lot of other folk probably notice the wee plaque as well.

I had a baseball hat with me. I would have had the akubra hat, but I wasn't expecting the sky to be so clear. So I wasn't going to get burned and lay down on the bench, and fell into the bliss. It was the lying down on the couch bliss, but I don't get to lie down on the couch much these days since it's usually occupied by folk watching re-runs of Friends. It was so re-assuring to lie down there and succumb to the bliss. I recognised it. I wasn't trying to do something. I just relaxed into the bliss. So re-assuring!! I fell into the bliss and then fell asleep for a wee while, and came to in the bliss. Of course, I was wearing the care in the community outfit, and sometimes you could hear the evil bourgeois stroll passed, but they were okay and I was much more than okay. Yoga nidra plus on a park bench. Wonderful.

In the evening, I went to the allotment again and sat in the hut. Am I supposed to do the vase breathing up and down the chakra symbols, Jack? I think not, Hotboy. So I don't. I have to submit and be more humble. Humble doesn't usually come up as one of my obvious characteristics.

There used to be a wren's nest in the hut. All compounded things are subject to dissolution. I maybe didn't spend so much time in the early growing season in the hut until I got more into meditating there, and this is maybe why the wrens stopped using the nest. Maybe the hard winter ... sometimes you'd walk into the hut around this season and there would be a wren rave going on. Six wrens bouncing off the walls and disappearing out of the chicken wire windows. So tonight I'm sitting there in the hut, and I get visited by a wren. There's a buglia bush just outside the windows and the wren is checking that out for a while. Then it comes into the hut more and more. Wrens can stick to the hut walls. Eventually, it goes onto the ledge above the door where the nest used to be, and makes weird cheeping noises. Wrens make different noises as they grow up .. I know that much. So I have to open my eyes and attend to the wren as it's sitting there on the ledge making these weird noises. I wonder how long wrens live for. It knew where it was.

Before I left, I got a cabbage and some tatties and some broccoli from amidst the weeds. It's not free food, but it's not expensive either.

The good mother doesn't need me in Newmains tomorrow and I can't reach Bellshill on the train. Allah Akbar!!

3 comments:

Marie Rex said...

It was beautiful here last night as well. Pretty nice this morning as well.

I've got 4 strawberries ready to harvest and more blooms on tomato plants.

I am glad you can relax into the bliss. I am working on walking meditation again. Now that I can walk a bit more.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Strawberries are so delicious. You can look forward to eating them! Glad to hear you can get about a bit easier. Hotboy

rob said...

Good wren story.