Tuesday 13 July 2010

New Day




Tuesday 10:05 a.m.
I took the photies last night. The allotment looks like Helmand. I must find out how to make opium this year. The cherries are going red. The gooseberries are sweet. It's unexpectedly gloriously sunny outside and I'm away to the hut now.

I got an email from Teresa down at the Samye Ling yesterday telling me to see the Lama sometimes even if I don't have a problem, so I'll make some efforts to get down there soon.

I have to go to the Lanfine on Thursday and Saturday. I have to do the granny run through Lanarkshire on Friday.

I've stopped buying a daily paper, but I must stop watching the news on the telly for the next couple of years. Watching the Tories slavering over the dismemberment of the welfare state is not going to be a pretty sight!

4 comments:

rob said...

Nice try. I believe glace cherries come from a packet, not an allotment. Is anything else real?

If you "don't have a problem" you'd be the first. Even I am not totally devoid of minor niggles.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I don't suppose they have things like cherries in that benighted desert you stay in. I know it's congested with wuggabugga trees, but never mind. Hotboy

rob said...

True, but they have bananas and mangoes in their gardens. It all balances up.

Hotboy said...

Albert? And spiders that jump out at you with the venomous intentions! Hotboy p.s. Nice place though!