Friday 23 July 2010

Still pissed off!




Friday 6:00 p.m.
It's not been easy trying to change the way I was meditating, and visualising stuff. I feel very constrained still. When I'm meditating, I find myself trying to stop doing stuff, like vase breathing, like concentrating on the navel symbol. The lama wants me to do 100,000 prostrations, and 100,000 recitations of the 100 syllable mantra; the Dorje Sempa juju. Oh well. These are preliminary practices. If the alternative is that I'm going to fung up and end up not being able to meditate at all ... Gopi Krishna had to stop meditating altogether. But it's a drag and it will be a drag for a while, I suppose. If he'd told me to go to the hut and not come out for the next three weeks, I'd have been so happy!!!

I've taken out all the onions now and dug over where they were growing to hide the weeds. I brought home the garlic and the shallots tonight. It's a change of times when you'r back to the diggings again, Jack! The explosions of growth are over and the harvestings are well under way.

6 comments:

Marie Rex said...

One thing I learned from years of sewing is that I have to be ready to take something apart that isn't working or isn't right and start over.

Yes, it can be frustrating. But not as frustrating as something that I can see is wrong or doesn't fit well.

I expect this is the same with you needing to go back to basics. I understand the frustration.

I know that if you take the time to start over and do something properly it will be beautiful and just what you want.

You are a work in progress my friend. Sometimes the best thing is to back up and do the basic thing again for it to become what you truly want.

Hotboy said...

Marie! These are wise words and I know you are right. I should be able to deal with this kind of frustration better! Hotboy

rob said...

Re the 100000 recitations. This isn't progress. You were better off into Timism, with the odd hail mary.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I got asked to say five full rosary after confession once. That's two hundred and fifty times five hail mary's before you add in all the rest, but hail marys aren't in tibetan. Dearie me!! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

I thought the first snap was of a large yam, until I looked closer. It's obviously cassava.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! They're the legs of quigooro monster! Hotboy