Wednesday 28 July 2010

Aspirations!

12:30 p.m.
Once when I was a much younger joe, I wanted to be perfectly in love. Once I wanted to have a perfect marriage. Once I reckoned there wasn't anything stopping moi being anything. I thought I could do almost anything if I just put my mind to it. There were few obstructions, apart from the obvious ones that I was brought up to despise the managerial, evil bourgeois, and all those nasty little fungpigs who found fruition by marching in line ... def, dight; def, dight; def, dight! I was very aspirational, so I was. Useless in this world as far as acquiring wealth and whatnot, but very aspirational.

To become a buddha all you have to do is sit quietly doing nothing for six years in a cave. What's so difficult about that? Obviously, I can't do it, but if some other joe or josephine does it, isn't that me as well? Except I don't know it.

9 comments:

Marie Rex said...

I think the biggest thing to learn to become a Buddha is to let go of wanting anything, even enlightenment.

It is by letting go that we gain the most.

I never expected to be where I am now, don't know where I'll end up. But the journey is interesting.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I find it very hard not to want anything in this realm of desire! Momentary serenity is my best shot at it! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

I think you're trying to downsize. A lot of people do this sort of thing when they get old. They sell their house and live in a smaller abode, thus releasing equity which can be put to a better purpose.

That better purpose is handing it out to the poor and starving in Africa. Just send me the cheque and I will ensure that it is done by distributing it to worthy people in the villages near Kalimbuka. They will probably want you to become the president, though.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I believe one of the leaders in that part of the world held a party recently where he fed thousands and got them all drunk for free on foreign aid money. If I could get his jobbie, I'd definitely send you a cheque. As it is, I've only got an overdraft and have no money of my own at all! But if you would send me some money, I could send it back toute suite! Hotboy

rob said...

I say! If one were actually aspirational, one would march in line just long enough to achieve a goal. I'm sure you might pull it off for a short period if you try.

Hotboy said...

Albert? They wouldn't let me march in line because of my catholic and proletarian roots. We all know what puss bags of prejudice the evil bourgeois managerial class are! I thought there might have been a revolutions at one time so that the last should be first, but I think everyone got too stoned! Hotboy

rob said...

Fortunately the proletariat's renowned open-mindedness balances things up.

Re the stonedness, are you saying not every joint you rolled was a dummy?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Was it not the dummies I was rolling the joint for? Hotboy

rob said...

Nice!