Tuesday 27 July 2010

One night down!

Tuesday 8:30 a.m.
Got to sleep about midnight and was up at half five. So I must have managed about eleven hours meditating yesterday. Also, brought home most of the stuff this morning which I took up to the hut yesterday. What a drama queen! Once you're sure the rats can't get you, sleeping in the hut is a piece of cake! You just need the sleeping bag, a candle. There are plenty of agricultural implements around to fight off the baddies!

My meditations and all that juju are at last back in gear!

12:30 p.m.
Just finished another two hour meditation there. Seems sudden that I'm doing them for two hours sometimes now.

I suspect my mobile phone isn't sending the photies anymore because there's no money on it. Anyway, morning in the flat, afternoon in the hut!

6:00 p.m.
Blowy and sunny and cloudy this afternoon. From about two till four, the meditations were wonderful. Satiation, contentment. Just sitting on my log section in front of the hut door (to stay in the shade) and being in the bliss. Those kinds of meditations where you're not even trying but well absorbed in bliss are very nice indeed. At one point, I tried to concentrate on my breathing, but there really wasn't all that much of it at all.

Then it started nodding off all the time! So I'm going to have a wee sleep now!

7 comments:

Marie Rex said...

Sounds like you are doing well.

Sleeping on the ground or floor would be the end of this auld lady.

Still raining here. Saves trips around the garden with the watering can, but I'm wishing for some sunshine before the days get to short to enjoy it.

Hotboy said...

Marie! It's been raining here as well! Got waylaid last night be the McDucks and didn't make the hut at all! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Hereabouts, people aspire to moving from huts to houses and flats. You seem to be going in the other direction. There are plenty huts in the villages near Kalimbuka, if you'd like to try them out.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! My hut is in a gated community, I'll have you know. You need to have a special key to gain admittance to the allotments, unless you're a baddie, in which case, watch out! Hotboy

rob said...

In the light of day, the idea of baddies bothering to invade the allotment seems rightly absurd, but in the middle of the pitch black night it must seem like a real possibility.

But then, without fear, we might never have invented fire, electricity, etc. Plus of course guns and bombs - it all balances up.

Hotboy said...

Albert? They come in groups, the baddies, to invade the gated community of huttees, of which I am the sole representative. What should I say to them when the door opens in the middle of the night and they demand my strimmer, which I have not got due to the poverty? I'd like to be nice, but it's bound to be ugly. I'd like it to be ugly whilst I am still up for it! Come ahead and die, you basturns! We're warrior caste, so we are, us Hotboys! Hotboy

rob said...

I hadn't thought of that. Basturns! Still, they'd get more of a fright than you would. Get them to step on a rake, tell them it's for a candid camera TV show.

Better still, when they break in say you're a cop on a drug stake out and you're not interested in their petty crime, but if they don't piss off they'll blow the operation and you'll call up the officers from the other huts. Hope that helps.