Friday 30 July 2010

Trotsky!

11:05 p.m.
I could give you a list of books that I loved, but I won't, but I read a lot of stuff by Trotsky when I was in my twenties. Trotsky's History of the Russian Revolution is one of these wonderful books. Have you read it, Jack? Well, you should have read it. Now, that I read it about 35 years ago, I'll have to go and read it again.

We don't do politics on this bloggie, do we, Jack? Certainly not, Hotboy.

Trotsky, definitely the most wonderful human being of the the 19th and 20th century, said that the human race was like a pilgrim trying to get to a site, and though the pilgrim sometimes went backwards and forwards, the eventual motion will always be forward.

The evil is in the ascendant at the moment, but within my lifetime we will be free. So we will!

For a' that, an' a' that,
It's coming yet for a' that,
That Man to Man, the world o'er,
Shall brothers be for a' that.

5 comments:

rob said...

Say what you like about Trotsky, but one has to admire the man's optimism. I wonder if he was wise enough not to believe in thoughts. I know I am.

Hotboy said...

Albert? He didn't believe in monagamy, or any of that evil bourgeois stuff, but I might have made that up! He was a brilliant writer as well as a few other things! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? He was dead right about that pilgrim thing, so he was! It's irresistible! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

I think that if Trotsky's politics hadn't been so Trotskyite, then I might have supported his ideas a bit more.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Yon book was banned by the Greek colonels for being full of Trotskyite ideas. Sometimes you just cannot win! Awful smart man and I don't think he was a trotskyist, or even a trotskyite! Hotboy