Wednesday 1 July 2009

Towards the Island!

Wednesday 10:45 p.m.
I do not have to go back to the jobbie till the 17th of August. This is a long time away. I am truly fortunate despite, or maybe because, I do not have pots of money. But I have credit. Hurrah!

There is a little island that forms in the summer time just a little upstream from the main place. Waters tumble and the view upriver is wonderful sometimes. This is where I want to be. Sometimes there. Sometimes in the temple. When it's raining and there are tourists, sometimes in the back temple. Sometimes on the bench in the wee island in the middle of the pond looking onto the stupa. Sometimes it will be glorious to be there, just to be there. Satiation, contentment, and maybe a little sense of completion.

The flatheids have taken away my wonderful Thursday. I give away Friday and will see my chummies from the Wild West on Friday evening. On Saturday or Sunday I will pray to the dakini, and then chill towards the island. One day some years ago I managed to spend the whole day on that wee island and felt happy. Just a few stepping stones and then here comes the bliss! Here comes the bliss!

I shouldn't go to the cafe and spend time on the internet doing my blog. I should blog if something very interesting happens, but not as a routine.

What do you think, Jack? This is surely going to be the best of times, Hotboy! This is surely going to be the best of times.

3 comments:

doc bob said...

I think you're right: if you stop routine blogging (but keep reading helpful comments by people like me) it should help you achieve whatever it is you blissheids are aiming for.

Just as long as you don't end up blowing the saved blogging time on drugs, booze, nicotine, humping nuns or any combination of the above. Coffee is probably a permissible substitute vice if you're giving up the others.

albert said...

Coincidentally, I found that not blogging while I was away in the tropics was a help in countering the murderous impulses. In combination with double bliss pillage, it balanced everything out again. How fortunate that I'm not too dumb to medicate.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'm giving up answering comments till I get home. It costs money here. Hotboy