Friday 17 July 2009

Samye Day 10 Two!

1:30 p.m.
The meditations today got better and better again! The temple was chock a block this morning with folk sometimes jabbering and wanes wailing and whatnot, but it didn't really stop me just sitting there getting warm.

People were taking refuge with Dr Akong and I felt a bit emotional during the service.

But he's giving this wee talk before he asks folk to come on down and line up to get the hair cutting, etc., and before he's any way finished, this wee blond kid of about five or six who is in the row of cushions in front of me, which is quite near the back so I can zone out, sets off for the front. His dad starts trailing him, carrying the kata (white scarf), and the kid reaches the throne/big seat Dr Akong is sitting on just as he finishes the wee talk. First. Auspicious, or what? Some cats got it and some cats aint!

His dad used to be monk here. Shiva and I met him on Holy Isle about 1994/5.

After the break, I went into the tent to meditate since there was going to be a Medicine Buddha empowerment and I've already ... I wanted to see how it would be in the tent anyway. Brilliant. Warmth arising; radiance, bliss and rapture; better openings at every chakra. This is the bliss! This is the bliss! This is the bliss!!

They're doing a Green Tara empowerment this afternoon, so I might as well go for that, eh?

9:30 p.m.
What a wonderful day! The last meditation was so, so good! Today I didn't have a shower and I didn't go for a run; a double first. The Green Tara empowerment was brilliant and the meditations all day, especially the last one, were ... I know it can get better, but it's hard to see how. Tommorrow the Domestic Bliss will be here by lunchtime and that's really the end of that. On Sunday night it will be hello to the drunken bum again. Oh, no!

2 comments:

rob said...

Good on the skinflint dad getting his kid a free number 1 cut, but I could teach him to cut it himself, cut out the middle man.

Hotboy said...

Albert? It costs £8 now for a number one. I'll need to buy a set of shears. Hotboy