Tuesday 14 July 2009

Samye Day 7 (Tuesday)

9:27 a.m.
If it's not ecstasy, it must be blinking close, Jack. I wish I could keep doing what I'm doing for an awful long time now, but I think I'll be back in samsara on Sunday. But I'll be back down here for the drupcho at the end of July if not before.

3:16 p.m.
You shouldn't be picky about what you're getting if you're getting such bliss, but I can't be anywhere near getting the first of the four blisses yet. Not big time. Initmations is what I must be getting. Of course, it's not going to go whack! and here we are, is it? Creepy uppy as usual.

This morning was just about right since I made it for some of the gong bashing before breakfast and then stayed in the temple until lunch with just a wee break for a coffee here. After about four hours meditating this morning, I started getting the heat. That's why I can't be near the first bliss yet. All this has been done without much heat. Some heat sometimes, but not much. At the end of the morning, there was heat. Some billowing bountifulness of heat from the belly up. It's supposed to be better in the evening so we'll see.

Brilliant time I'm having here! Totally settled in. Just now I'm waiting for the laundry to do itself in the big machine. This is practically the first thing I've had to do for myself for a week. Hurrah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

The gong bashing sounds great. Do you get a chance to bash?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! When you're clear and blissed, the gong bashing is something else! Unfortunately, I do not get the do any bashing, but if you stay here, they let you have a go. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

The last-but-one time I was in China, I got to bash a big gong in a temple in the centre of Xian. Wonderful, it was. They even gave me a certificate.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Was that the one that said you were sane? This pitch inspector is completely sane! Hotboy