Thursday 9 July 2009

Samye Day 2 Two

4:30 p.m.
So here's the perfect Samye day. Up at half five and be showered, etc., in time for the gong bashing at six. Breakfast at seven. Meditate from eight through to three in the afternoon with a break for the huge luncho! Then go for a run at three. I'm just back from jogging down to the kirk at Eskdalemuir. It says it's an hour and half either way. Did it in about 35 minutes which is alright for a fat old man. But it means you go passed Purelands where the lama is holed up. Imagining the juice coming down through your fontanella on the way back is a wee bit of a boost. There's another hour's meditation coming soon. Then soup. Then meditate till bedtime. Hurrah! The problem with banging the run in there is that it's usually pissing down here, but not today. What a fabulous time I'm going to have here! What a fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!

2 comments:

doc bob said...

you don't say whether coffee is incuded

Hotboy said...

Albert? I cup a day so far! Hotboy