Tuesday 21 July 2009

Medicine Buddha Sadhana

6:30 p.m.
Most of the this bloggy is worthless crap, but if you put vase breathing into google, my vase breathing posts come up first. Somebody must be boosting them somehow and I hope they are of some use. So I'll post this evening about my Medicine Buddha Sadhana.

This has been hacked together from various sources. I don't use the Medicine Buddha mantra (I don't know it either!), but use Om Mani Padme Hung. The symbols I use for the chakra points are my own as well since the ones I saw looked too complicated for someone like moi!

Obviously, you should have a guru for back-up or go and read Living With Kundalini by Gopi Krishna if you fancy just have a go at this kind of thing, particularly the vase breathing bits. However, I believe you don't need an empowerment to practise Medicine Buddha stuff, so here we go!

First of all, you die and arise as a light being, The Medicine Buddha.

And when I die, as I surely will, Lama Yeshe Losal is my guru. Mirage, smoke clouds, blue background with red fireflies, guttering candlelight, then white, then red, then black ....

You're on Ground Zero, ground luminosity, clear light mind, Dharmakaya. I'm well blissed by this stage and have been doing vase breathing probably. You can pause here for a bit and this will be like meditation without object. Very nice indeed!

Put in the three channels going from the right as red, blue and white. The red and white are supposed to curl up to the navel chakra symbol (a triangle with bits pointing upwards)which is at the bottom of the blue channel. If you can visualise this, you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.

You can go into the blue channel and become the white symbol at the top and work your way down the symbols (white, pointing down;red, pointing up; blue, pointing down and red, point up)

You can move from being the navel chakra symbol to seeing it in your navel and give it a few vase breaths. Because if you can get this far, you're definitely worth it!

Emanate as the Medicine Buddha. You're a lapis lazuli joe in a golden garment, holding a branch in your right hand which is on your knee. You're holding a begging bowl at your abdomen in your left hand.

I supplicate, prostrate and make offerings of body, speech and mind to the Medicine Buddha. Then the Medicine Buddha is supposed to appear in front of you. I guess you're two Medicine Buddhas at this point.

You might try to emanate the qualities of the Medicine Buddha about now. These are compassion and altruism, loving kindness, bliss and joy, heat and healing.

Someone has come in. C'est la vie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Just think that, instead of sayin "Om Mani Padme Hung" a million times, you'd said "Om Mani Padme Hum" a million times. It would probably have made a difference.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! You must be right. It must make some difference. Every difference must make another difference. Somewheres. I don't think it really matters what you say to yourself. Sussquehanna was great! Mumbo Jumbo would do just as well. No idea how any of it works of course. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Om Mani Padme Hum is correctly pronounce "Om Mani Payme Hung."