Thursday 16 July 2009

Samye Day 9 Two

4:09 p.m.
A monky boy came and sat right beside me at lunch although I was wearing my headphones to listen to the Dhammapada. Dead sociable me. So I took them off to have a chat, but it turns out that he's from Tibet and doesn't have much English. But I asked him if he'd done a three year retreat. He said he'd done a four year one while he was still in Tibet. He asked if I'd done one and I burst out laughing.

I told him my name was Brian Wilson and wrote down the address of my castle in Portobello. He said he'd come and see me and I said he'd be very welcome as I had a nice hut for him out the back.

He had about a third as much as me on his plate for lunch. Even in this degenerat age, it is possible to be cool.

My lungs are in the best state they've been in for ages. It's all the running and vase breathing, Jack!

I've spotted the nun from the Monday night meditations. I don't really want to speak to folk. I really would rather not.

My meditations this morning were excellent, but I'm still not getting much heat. When you've been sitting beside some joe who's done four years in retreat ... well ... I'm away for a walk down the river before going back to the temple since it isn't chucking it down for once!

2 comments:

albert said...

I've spent the last 15 years in retreat, or at least in New South Caledonia which is about the same thing.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Dream on!