Saturday 11 July 2009

Samye Day 4 Two

8:10 p.m.
I'm having a much better time than I normally have at the Samye, and that's saying something, but it occurred to me that I'm having such a good time that I'd better go home on Wednesday instead of staying for another fortnight.

In the hut I wouldn't be having such a wonderful time. It would probably be raining. Every time I left the allotment, I'd have to encounter flatheids. If there are any flatheids around here, you don't have to speak to them.

Of course, the great thing about coming here is that it's set me on the straight and narrow. No beers and no drugs. Also, I've gotten back into running every day.

The time I made some kind of connection between breath and bliss in the vase breathing was done in the hut. You can go to the hut at nine in the morning and basically meditate for three hours. You can do three hours in the afternoon. You can do three hours in the evening. There is no gong bashing and no lovely river, and no wee islands to sit on. If it was so great to be out here, the lama wouldn't be sitting in the dark.

Also, if I went home on Wednesday and started behaving like an asshole, I could just come back. I'll need at least a week out at some point. Imagine being here for four weeks and then having to immediately mingle with the flatheided hell beings on Skye. Dearie me!

The main thing is that these inner heat meditations are working. The lama is my guru wherever I am. Have to have a good think about this, but I think I'll go home and head for the hut.

Right now I'm going to head for the temple. This session will really be something else! Whizzbangs and crackerjacks!

2 comments:

rob said...

Would it help if you were to host a meditation session at the Skye bash? Some flatheids might attend.

Hotboy said...

Albert? No, they wouldn't! All too dumb! Hotboy