Friday 10 July 2009

Samye Day 3

10:30 a.m.
I'm succumbing to the Samye disease which is sleepybyitis. Yesterday, I crashed out in the tent from 9 till 11. Outside, and monk started mowing the grass with one of those noisy big machines. I thought it was coming from the building site. Vraaam, Vrrrrrooom passed your ear, but I slept anyway. When I got out and saw it was a monk on a big cutting machine, I was so good humoured I wanted to shout, You missed!

I having a coffee now having succumbed to the sleepybyitis again from nine till the back of ten. As long as you don't resist. Just go with the flow.

You want to be in best shape in the evening when the inner fire meditation work best. Last night everyone left the temple after Chenrezig prayers at 7:45 p.m. After ten minutes, the Venerable Big Indian appeared. I was expecting a band of trainee gong bashers to follow him, but he was on his own. He sat down where they sit and started chanting and kept this up for a good forty five minutes. Wonderful to have him there! Just wonderful! I'm a huge fan of the Venerable Big Indian. He's been here for over forty years and hasn't bothered to learn English. I'd love to be like him. With other folk around, I might have been a wee bit embarrassed with the vase breathing routine since it is a wee bit noisy, but no. I thought: He's here for me!

The inner fire meditations were terrific. I'm getting heat alright and the visualisations are somehow getting clearer. Expect nothing, of course.

I had some dreams this morning about being lost again. We'd moved to a bit of Leith Walk I didn't recognise. But it wasn't downtown Freetown! I think Albert might have been in it. No bloody help at all, of course, since he was lost as well.

The cafe will be open this evening since it's Friday night. I might blog again since I've spent the money on the time anyway. I've got two hours nearly in the back temple before lunch. Hurrah!

1 comment:

Albert said...

If it was the bit of Leith Walk near Greasy Risi's chippie, where Ollie Frank and Rathie used to stay, I was probably in it too.

For the record, there have been occasions when I have actually been a help to someone, probably not you though.