Friday 31 July 2009

Samye Ling again!

3:03 p.m.
Well, here we go again! In half an hour there's an empowerment for the week of gong bashing!

The Domestic Bliss drove us here and she's staying overnight!

We were going to the luncho right after we got here and saw the lama on the temple steps. The Gatekeeper to Nirvana says he's a bit weakened by the seven weeks in the dark. He got out yesterday or the day before. He was wearing shades. A wee noddy bow from me and a wee wave from him in acknowledgement. Odd that he recognises me. Auspicious beginnings. No drink, dope or anything else for another week! Hurrah!

9:12 p.m.
Rinpoche I didn't recognise was doing the Guru Rinpoche empowerment. I took it, but I'd taken it before. But the Domestic Bliss took it as well as the one nearly a fortnight ago. I wonder if she thinks she's a buddhist. Of course, I'm far too polite to ask.

Bumped into a guy who set up the lou reed deal for me at the start of the holidays, as you do, on the temple steps. He's going to be down here till next June. Too much neurological damage to meditate, I suppose. He is a fortunate creature to have this place and these people. Knows everyone of course. Unlike moi.

A large part of me wanted to spend the next week in bed, but here I am. This time no messing about. Fung off flatheids and here comes ra bliss!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

I think that you are a very fortunate being, so you are, for being at Samye, etc, and having rabliss, etc.

Of course, I am far more fortunate, because ramorra, live at Edgbaston, I will watch England's finest batsmen pit their wills against the Aussies.

I mean - how fortunate can you get?

It can't possibly get better than that.

MM III

rob said...

Sorry about the lama's hangover, but it's earplugs not shades he needs, what with the gong-banging and all. You're fortunate you don't have to worry about hangovers.

albert said...

Presumably when he heard you were coming he had to drink his entire carryout in a oner, for your own good.

Hotboy said...

Mingin' I watched creekit in a downpour once. Fabulous!
Albert: Lama in shades! Quite a photie! Hotboy