Saturday 1 August 2009

Samye First Day

Saturday 9:15 p.m.
Unremitting rain on the tent kept me in the sleeping bag till half eight. Getting started in the rain is a problem with this camping lark. Nothing quite like a hot reviving shower and a change of clothes! The Domestic Bliss will be going today and then it's just all about meditating and being on retreat. Dearie me! I don't think the first session of the drupchen will start for half an hour. Hmmm? Another cup of coffee, please!

3:26 p.m.
The Domestic Bliss has gone. She met a friend down here who is gone as well. I might be a goner soon, so I'll have to make the best of this time. Yes, I will! So here comes more gong bashing. Only disappointment is that the abbot isn't doing it this year! I'm such a fan!

3 comments:

MC Etcher said...

Rain on a camping trip is the first way to dampen my enthusiasm!

Come to think of it, it's been a good 20 years since I camped... High time I got back into it.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Camping is for poor people. Hotboy

albert said...

It's not me.