Saturday 1 August 2009

Samye Saturday Night!

8:00 p.m.
I'm even more at odds with myself for being here than I was the last time I came down. I guess I was enjoying lolling about in Edinburgh, getting addicted once again to tobacco and sampling the home brewed beer. With the Domestic Bliss and her friend being here till today ... well, that was unsettling. I meant I was doing something other than meditating or reading about meditating, etc. Far too many conversations. We had one at lunchtime today with someone else .... going on and on. To me when I'm down here the last thing I was is a lot of frivolous conversation.

Then the Domestic Bliss drove away and I wanted to go with her. I couldn't even be bothered listening to the Dhammapada. The drupchen was not being led by the abbot which was a disappointment I must say.

At the chenrezig prayers this evening, a huge space for bliss opened up and that's been the best thing so far. Too many people, too much noise. I hope they all bugger off tomorrow or Monday. I might bugger off myself at this rate!!

Because the computery thing in my bedroom has no connectivity, I read through a few pages of old books last week. Did like The Real McCoy, but not so much RaBlissBook. Looked at the first chapter of Bomber. I'm going to re-write that. It needs tons of work, but it'll be faster than going on with the Traffic Warden book.

I need to spend less time meditating to write again, change priorities. I'll need to cut down on my drinking and stop funging around with tobacco. Oh well, back off to the temple for moi!

3 comments:

albert said...

Dearie me. Sorry to hear that they have deifheids even in bliss camp.

Anonymous said...

I say!

How wonderful to make resolutions.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Albert and Mingin'! Everything is cool now! Hotboy