Monday 24 August 2009

This time it's personal!

Monday
When one of your friends has been cremated in Bali and another has been handed the black spot, and these bits of news coming within a week or so of each other, then you might be forgiven for thinking something is trying to tell you something. Tempis fugit. Thinking of the preciousness of human life and all that is quite an impetus to practise the juju.

I do practise a lot anyway, but the last two weeks have been very bad for drinking and smoking. For a future hell-being all this stuff might be regarded as being among life's pleasures, but they definitely don't help you practise the juju! Quite the opposite, in fact. Bad boy!

So today is the first day of the new moi! For a few days the new moi may be a bit crabbit, but this is the price we have to pay for wanting and doing the wrong things. Grief, sorrow, lamentations ... delusions, disappointments and despair ... suffering in this life. Ideally, I would like not to see more flatheids than completely necessary between now and Christmas, but the basturns are incorrigible!

On Saturday evening Lama Yeshe was giving a public talk in Edinburgh, and was probably going to talk about his seven week darkness retreat, and I was so looking forward to it .... I had to go to a family affair instead. How depressing! How completely depressing!

I would be much happier if I didn't smoke or drink, didn't spend any money on bob hope, and started paying off my overdraft and credit card debts. It might take a short period of adjustment, but I would become a far happier joe.

I hate having events involving flatheids sitting on the horizon. I thought I had cleared them all away, and that I could look forward to no open graves for months and months now, but is seems I have been booked into going to another basturn party next weekend!!!

I should just tell the flatheids to fung off, Jack. No, you shouldn't, Hotboy, but you should stop doing the bad stuff i.e. anything that reduces the clarity of your mind. Dearie me. Dearie, dearie me!

7 comments:

rob said...

Re the drinking and smoking - coincidentally, the Edinburger in the book I'm reading has the very same bad habits. Uncanny! I haven't got to the ending yet. I hope he doesn't go the same way as your unfortunate friends.

Just as well you're giving it all up. What an idea! So obvious when you think about it.

But here's the good news - I haven't been handed the black spot.

albert said...

At one's age, the bliss technique does have something going for it as a way of zoning out of the hospital ward. I may try it myself when the time comes.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Since you are a flatheid, you do not know what you are missing. Suffice to say that by the time they hand you the black spot, it will be too bloody late! Hope this helps. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

I too am black spotless.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! You think? Hotboy p.s. But you are not immortal.

Marie Rex said...

I'm sorry for your losses. I think we all come to an age where our peers start dying off.

Life is a terminal event. Do the best you can and carry on until it is time to go.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Nice to hear from you. I am in the age of the black spot. It's a good impetus to practise, that's for sure! Hotboy