Wednesday 26 August 2009

Recovery!

Wednesday 9:50 p.m.
On reflection, going to Skye with the flatheids was as disastrous as I had anticipated. I think I'm just getting over it. My ability to concentrate over the last few days has been very poor, but I've had nothing to drink or smoke, and I haven't done anything bad to myself since Sunday. Purification and accumulation. Dearie, dearie me! Anyway, I managed to stand up for my right to juju and will not be partying out of town this coming Saturday after all, cold shoulders notwithstanding.

It would have been so, so depressing. I think just about the happiest I can remember being was on the evening I last came back from the Samye Ling. I was joyous, so I was, Jack! Blissed out and full of joy! It's been downhill all the way after that, but now I feel as if I'm slowly clawing my way back.

I haven't got the slightest desire to smoke tobacco (and I have no bob hope), but I can't remember having such a crabbit response to stimuli for a long time. God help those poor basturns trying to give up fags with a real habit, like a twenty a day one.

Tonight I did some hatha yoga in front of the telly; standing postures, a handstand, elbow balance and crab. Been such a long time since I've done these! Probably years. My standing postures were actually not bad which was a bit of a surprise, but not as big a surprise as managing the handstand.

My heart was running at 58 beats a minute in Bellshill train station last Friday, but I haven't felt this unfit for years and years.

Tomorrow I should be up bright and early. I'll meditate, clean up my room and start work on the re-write of xxxBomber. Someone asked if he could put my books on a free books site called www.obooko.com and I said yes. I sent an email to my agent last week asking if the McCoy book was dead in the water and got no response.

The train from Bellshill was held up in West Calder. The story was that a bridge jumper had killed himself further up the line, but it turned out that a fourteen year old somehow got stuck on the tracks. Go to heaven, son! Go to heaven!

Tomorrow will be the start of better days! No jobbie till Monday and I get paid tomorrow. Hurrah!

8 comments:

Marie Rex said...

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the trip to Skye. I've been traveling and missed your trip.

Hope the crabbit passes soon.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I loved the time in Skye. Such things just don't fit with what else I have to do in this life! I'm glad you were away since I was feeling guilty about not going to Uig, but I don't drive and it wasn't my call. I hope I stop feeling crabbit soon as well!! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

How wonderful! A post which isn't about death, doom, grief, sorrow, black spots, or lamentations. It's really cheared me up!

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I know you don't read these posts! The fourteen year old getting whacked by a train? Hotboy

rob said...

That fourteen year old stuck on the tracks - these glue sniffers cause nothing but trouble.

albert said...

I say! Your crabbitness is like the guy in this book I'm reading. Alma Mater. He used to release the tension by smashing bottles of milk in the fireplace. You could try that, it might help.

onan said...

If it's any consolation I was crabbit myself for a few days recently. It may have been the slightly green potato I ate. But a good dose of Swedish Bitters shifts anything, and it all comes out in the end.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I cannot imagine you ever being crabbit! Heaven forfend! I'm sure you only thought you were. The milk bottle wasn't smashed in a fireplace in that book, if I remember right. Might have been in War and Peace, about half way through. Hotboy p.s. Are you still addicted to laxatives? So was Louis Armstrong.He liked the bob as well.