Monday 17 August 2009

New Session!

Monday 3:07 p.m.
On the first day back, at the beginning of a new term, after six weeks off ....

I had a year off writing last year. It's been a year since the literary agent started trying to sell the McCoy book. I don't contact the agent and I only got to see some rejections about March. So I don't imagine that book will be sold.

Hotboy, how can you have had a literary agent for over two and a half years and still sell bugger all? Well, Jack, it's a bit of a surprise to me as well. Three books he's tried to sell. I should be getting the Dear John letter any day soon.

Still, getting an agent has encouraged me to take two years off writing out of the last three, but now that abject (financial) failure once more raises its ugly head ... I'm going to have to re-write xxxBomber. Whilst casually ruminating over the past six weeks, I've worked out, more or less, what to do with the plot and characters to vastly improve it. I knew I'd need to find the time to re-write it sometime when I last did a re-write about twenty years ago now. I changed the sex of one of the protagonists for the stage play, but didn't develope that (i.e. I didn't put in any humping!)when I re-wrote the novel.

Apart from that, I'd like to lose a stone in weight and stop drinking and smoking. Same old, same old ...

5 comments:

Marie Rex said...

Sounds like your secret agent needs some encouragement.

Back in the normal world. I'm traveling again. The porch still leaks and I have a taste for junk food.

Hotboy said...

Marie! The porch leaking is a total bummer! My sympathies with that one! Hotboy

onan the bavarian said...

In the rewrite, if only you had made the characters gorgeously attractive, they would have humped themselves and saved you the bother of forcing them into it.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Attractive to themselves? But that's how attractive I am! Why didn't I think of that? Romance for onanists! Got to clean up! Hotboy

albert said...

And if the Arts Council won't finance it, plug the safe sex angle to the Health Department. You'll clean up.