Thursday 27 August 2009

Thoughts

Thursday 11:30 p.m.

We embrace our ignorance
We don't believe in any things
Especially thoughts

A deep dear friend asked me how could I possibly not believe in thoughts. Some thoughts are trustworthy. One plus one equals two is a trustworthy thought. I hate the basturn, or I love the basturn, or any thought with an emotional edge to it at all is not a trustworthy thought. I'm starting to come round to the conclusion that all emotions are afflictive.

Nothing exists in the manner of it's appearance, and this includes thoughts. They seem to be singular and independent of other thoughts. This is not true. This morning my meditations have been brilliant from the bliss side, but the thoughts, which are bound to sometimes intrude, have been tinged with crabbitness. More on the side of "I hate the basturn" rather than "I love the basturn" kind of thoughts. These thought have been conditioned by my ongoing struggle with the Nicotine Dragon.

Almost all thoughts are conditioned by your false sense of self.

Almost all thoughts are not worth thinking. If you have to believe and cling to any thoughts, obviously stick with the "I love the basturn" kind of thoughts and try to let the other ones go ... even if sometimes these are the only ones you are getting!

Roll on the formless zone where there are no lying basturn mental formations, no thoughts, no wireless connectivities, and no bloody computery things!!!

By noon I will be sitting in my hut. Hurrah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Fair enough, but tomorrow, if you look out of your window, you will see the wounded Aussies take on Scotland at cricket.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I saw Scotland cuff the West Indies once. Them Aussies won't stand a chance! Hotboy

Marie Rex said...

Taking control of your thoughts and not letting them decide your choices is the hardest work of all.

I figure if I can do it 10 seconds a day by the time I die, I'll get the hang of it in a million lives or so.

Your produce is impressive. I've got one little pumpkin that may or may not get ripe.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Unfortunately, a lot of the brassica was wasted by me going to Skye and the Samye Ling. C'est la vie! Hotboy