Saturday 29 August 2009

Diggings Again!



Saturday 5:30 p.m.
One of the photies is what you see when you open your eyes in the hut these days, or this afternoon. The other is how much of it I dug today. I have never dug some much of it at one time before, and it only took me about an hour and a half. I take my hat off to anyone who makes their living from manual labour. Brutal, so it is.

I had a dream this morning. I was in a balloon of bliss, or there was a balloon of bliss. It popped, so there were no edges to the bliss.

Just been listening to Obama's eulogy to Ted Kennedy. Brilliant.

The Pizzaman should call within the hour. I'm still a wee bit crabbit from the struggle with the Nicotine Dragon, but there isn't a hope in hell of me smoking any of this pizza. And there's not a hope in hell of me drinking tonight either.

Apart from the sensei and reverend, I don't think any regular visitors to this bloggy meditate. As for the rest of yous, if you think the body has a mind, you're funged! If you think the mind has a body, you're still funged! Such is life and death for the flatheids. Sorry about that, but there it is! Allah Akbar!

7 comments:

Marie Rex said...

Some of us do meditate. Just a bit differently. I've actually taken to doing more sitting meditation because of the stupid ankle injury.

I'm with you on the manual labour thing. I like my greenhouse because everything is in pots and the weeds are easier to control.

I hope your battle with the dragon improves. Be careful with dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with tomato sauce. *grin*

Hotboy said...

Marie! Declaiming and asserting and crabbitness all go toghether, I'm afraid. I'm watching out today, being just at the point where I'm not so crabbit and might not remember why I'm trying to be good!! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

I meditate on the throne each morning.

By the way, I read about Daniel Suelo, and thought of you. He's given up money, lives in a cave in Utah, and blogs. He does eat dead animals, though.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Danny Boy doesn't sound anything like me at all! Hotboy

rob said...

Looks like giving up the poisons is giving you energy. I had the same experience, but in my case I put the excess into chainsawing. Managed to avoid sawing myself in half.

PS apart from eating roadkill, Danny could be you.

Hotboy said...

Albert? You could saw your foot off and get some time off work. That would help. Hotboy

onan said...

I say, good move hotters, branching out into still-life art. My colleagues in Fine Arts say that's where the money is.