Monday 3 August 2009

Samye Monday

9:15 a.m.
I wakened up far too early this morning and I keep falling asleep during the medtitations ... so far.

Something seemed to be eating the grass and dunting the side of the tent this morning very early on. Could it be the giant flesh eating rabbits? Whatever it was seemed to have got under the first flysheet and was definitely nudging the tent at my feet. What?

I went back to sleep then there was a wriggly feeling massaging the back of my legs. Like a ripple. I was lying on my back. The last time anything mysterious like that was happening to me was when I used to lie drunk in a hammock in Australia and the half feral cat used to rub against my back. So I tapped at the groundsheet part of the tent and hoped whatever it was would go away. I thought it might be a mole, sending a wave over the soil under the tent. Anyway, I was feeling this through the sleeping bag, the insulation sheet and the base of the tent.

I think something is coming to live under the tent, Jack. Don't worry, Hotboy, it'll only be an anaconda. They're harmless. So are pythons. It's the flesh eating mice you've got to worry about.

Has something like this happened to anyone out there before? Answers on a postcard, please.

12:25 p.m.
Special morning really. Tons and tons of bliss. Vast openings, but not much heat. Not really hammering the vase breathing though. Anyway, I feel a bit more settled than I did this morning.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

A hyena, perhaps? Had many problems with them whilst camping, in the past.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I do not think it was a hyena since I didn't hear any laughter. But you never know. Maybe it was a sulky hyena! Hotboy

onan the bavarian said...

For safety I find it helpful to lie flat when blissing, in case of falling asleep. In bed is the safest place for most things.

onan the bavarian said...

Patent what you've discovered. A new form of massage. Mole Therapy. You'll clean up!

albert said...

I had a sheep coughing outside my tent one night in Argyll. Sounded like a wolf. At dawn I got up the courage to run out with a hammer.

Hotboy said...

Albert? There were animals cavorting in the wee covered porch during the night when it was raining. I checked that the zip was fixed so they wouldn't come in and eat me! Hotboy

Blogger said...

YoBit enables you to claim FREE CRYPTO-COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as many as coins you want from the available offers.

After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and keep claiming.

You can press claim as many times as 30 times per one captcha.

The coins will safe in your account, and you can convert them to Bitcoins or USD.