Sunday 28 June 2009

Kundalini and Thebten Yeshe

Sunday 4:45 p.m.
Here's some quotes from the web about kundalini.

The concept of Kundalini can be thought of as a rich source of psychic or libidinous energy in the body. Sexual arousal and Kundalini movement is synonymous.

You will definitely experience more sexual pleasure and potency as you progress with your meditation, but that is not the purpose or the goal of Kundalini meditation. I would say that it is just a very pleasant side effect which will happen on its own without you making any conscious effort.

Despite the myths to the contrary the purpose of Kundalini meditation is not to generate masturbatory rush of sexual energy through the human body.

The objective is to raise the kundalini to the crown chakra, where it unites with the Shiva, or the male polarity, and brings illumination. The yogi then attempts to lower the energy to another chakra, but not below the heart chakra because descent to lower chakras is thought to produce ego inflation, rampant sexual desire, and a host of other ills. By repeatedly raising the kundalini to the crown, the yogi can succeed in having the energy permanently stay there.

....a premature or explosive awakening can cause insanity or death.

Well, Jack, there it is. I've just discovered that you can now read The Bliss Of Inner Fire as a google book i.e. it's online. Great.

Tuesday.
I've been reading The Bliss of Inner Fire by Lama Thebten Yeshe on the computery thing. The problems with becoming a randy old goat are dealt with from page 146. I would copy it onto this blog, but it won't let me. Don't understand that. Probably copyright or something. Glad I found this though.

Totally fabulous book. Read it, get yourself a guru for back-up, and stop being a miserable basturn!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy does kundalini yoga, and I'm about to start doing it every morning at the Sikh ashram here.

Hotboy said...

Doggy! I think you get into enough trouble as it is! At my advanced age, it's bad enough.You'll start fancying parking bollards! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Watch out for the libidinous energy.

I recommend cold showers at dawn. Does the trick for me.

MM III

albert said...

"a premature or explosive awakening can cause insanity or death" - that's precisely what my old man used to say, but I'm not dead yet.

PS - do you think it's better in or out of the bath?