Wednesday 10 June 2009

Management!

Wednesday 23:55 p.m.
The wish that it may be made known that "I was the author" is the thought of a man not yet adult. The Dhammapada. The wall.

I've had a wonderful day and a wonderful evening.

I was so pleased that my child was a girl.

I think men should be like lions. They should lie around and eat and sometimes be killed by other males and that's alright. Women are much better at everything and should be encouraged to get on with it.

It's awful sunny and I'm insecure, but I've got on the hat that was given to me on the occasion of my fortieth birthday, and I had on the clip on shades. I was sitting outside the pub and the traffic was making a lot of noise. I was sitting with the dakini and her friend with the giant brain, and the other bits.

Brendan Behan said something like in the part of Dublin where he was brought up to get fed was a triumph, but to get drunk was a victory, or the other way around.

I had a joint in my top pocket and what with the beer, the dakini and her friend, I thought I might smoke it. I started to take it out of my top pocket. The dakini's friend said don't do that. No, no, said the dakini, this is not a good thing to do right now what with the proximity of the pub to the homestead and it is not Amsterdam. Except that was said by the friend of the dakini.

They were so right! You'd just want another one anyway. Restraint. Show some restraint. If you can't demonstrate restraint, it's good if the supporting deities tell you straight. Just don't do that. Stop it.

Tomorrow there is no jobbie. I can meditate all day tomorrow. Oh, ra bliss! What a wonderful day I'm going to have tomorrow! What a fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!

3 comments:

rob said...

Regarding men and lions, who said this: "Machines were mice and men were lions once upon a time. But now that it's the opposite it's twice upon a time."?

albert said...

Restraint! Whatever next?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I have no idea who said that! And the watchword for the next two days is restraint. Not restraints and blindfolds, just restraint. Hotboy