Monday 15 June 2009

Resume


MOnday.

That's probably my favourite photie! I have two copies of it at home. The lama will be on his eighth day in the dark. Only forty one days to go!

On Friday I had to do the kiddo's degree show and that meant going for a chinese meal afterwards. I think I had cabbage and white rice. What is the point of that, Jack? Well, it's to mark the occasion, Hotboy, and spend some time with the familial flatheids.

Because I had to be with Froggy McDuck and go to Bellshill on Saturday and get drunk with all the other McDucks ... I think I meditated for almost a minute on Saturday. This is very unusual, but in this case really unavoidable.

I tried to bail out around nine and went to the train station. There was a two hour wait for the next train. I wandered back into Bellshill and couldn't find my brother Silvest's house. I went to the pub and asked the people standing outside having fags where my brother lived. "It's the hoose wi' the nae curtains in the windows," the woman said, pointing.

It's eleven days till I get paid. Apart from bob hope funds, I have no real money to speak of, and I'm glad. The summer time sometimes presents similar difficulties to Christmas time in that the flatheids loose their moorings and you can't avoid talking to them when they want to have, for instance, holidays in Chilly Jockoland. That's why it would be great to do a three year retreat. Just tell the flatheids all to fung off and I'll see you in three years. I doubt if anyone is going to be battering on the lama's door anytime during the next forty odd days demanding he come out and get pissed.

Shame about the flatheids of course. Too dumb to meditate and they don't seem very happy, do they, Jack? Flatheids just don't get the bliss, Hotboy!

4 comments:

rob said...

That story about finding (presumably) the house could be the first page of a novel, and all I ask is 10% off the top.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I've stopped writing. Mug's game! Hotboy

rob said...

Just how many things can one man give up?

Hotboy said...

Albert? The problem is knowing you should give them up and being unable to do so! Not for ever anyway! Hotboy