Friday 12 June 2009

Guru Yoga

Friday 12:10 p.m.
Here's an Australian joke. How do you get 50 Englishmen into a minicab? Make one the foreman and the rest will crawl up his ...

Nearly a million Englanders voted for a fascist party last week, so us up here in Chilly Jockoland can take the piss for a while!


You're supposed, I think, to develop devotion to your guru if you're doing the vajrayana, even if you're just busking it like moi. The auld maw once told me her children were all arrogant and impatient. Devotion to some other joe, especially one that's still alive, is a problem for the likes of me.

Ringu Tulku said experience was the same whether you were enlightened or not. I suppose the response to experience should be different, but you still have to wash your face and eat your dinner whatever. So it is a very impressive thing to subjugate yourself to 49 days and nights in the dark, whoever you are. And the man is no spring chicken. He's got diabetes.

When I asked the lama to be my guru, I told him about the other gurus I imagined in my meditations and he said: Concentrate on me. He pointed to his chest when he said that. Concentrate on me. I'm going to do a lot more concentrating on him till the drupcho comes in six weeks plus some.

Yesterday, I stuck with it though sometimes it was difficult due to the reverberations coming through from the Mr Hyde stuff. Nicotine withdrawals. Great desire to go out for fags and roll joints. But at the end of the day, when I hadn't done anything bad, I did a blistering training session in the full Beer Monster Reduction Vehicle and sank into a wonderful bliss then cannybliss bath. Such bliss!

I'm going to have to get my hut fixed before the month is out so I can stay in it without worrying about the ratty visitations in the night. I must do that this summer. I must try harder. I must.

It's a beautiful day today. Time to get the bread out of the oven!

3 comments:

rob said...

That's uncanny! "Concentrate on me" is the very same phrase my old man used to inspire me, usually just before clubbing me over the head. Was that zen?

Hotboy said...

Albert? That was zen. This is now. Vee have vays of making you talk! Hotboy

rob said...

hee hee!