Saturday 15 May 2010

Who are you?





Saturday 10:21 a.m.
Like the moon reflected on water, we are dependently arisen as a valid presence able to collect karma and suffer the retributions. I think that's something like the way it's supposed to go, Jack.

Last year I was with Jerry's family and looked over at his son. His son looks more like Jerry now than Jerry does. Jerry looks like some old, wrinkly guy. Yesterday I saw the deid brother's son and now he's almost the spitting image.

We go around thinking we're independent individuals completely responsible for our own narratives, but that's only half of it surely, Jack. When you're in a big family, it seems you're just collections of bits of other folk, the vast majority of whom are dead.

I was talking to my good mother yesterday about folk with dementia. Who are you when you can't remember who you are or who anyone else is? Do you exist as a person merely in the memories of other folk like when you are dead?

I took the nazi bike on the train and cycled from Shotts to Newmains. Then I cycled from Newmains to Bellshill. Froggy McDuck admired the bike and knew what the gears were called. PC McDuck looked like his dad, but his dad died from injuries sustained when he fell out of the loft drunk, and PC doesn't drink, so he might have improved the brand there.

I felt reassured by speaking to the good mother. She doesn't want me to spend Thursday and Friday night in Newmains, but when she feels confident about going out for luncho with her pals on Friday afternoon again, I will watch the house. And I'll hide the bike round the back. And if the burglars call again, I will kill them.

In a previous life, the Buddha killed a baddie to stop him killing other folk and suffering the results thereof, so killing the burglars might be a good thing to do for them. You've just got to get your motivation right as you sneak up and hit them over the head with a hammer. Also, I'd get some time in solitary confinement, especially since my deid brother was a prison officer.

This boy's got the right idea, but it's going to cost him £18,000. Jail's for free.

The bike photie was taken in Bellshill. Two others were taken on a walk around the beautiful, wonderful city last night. One's a rogue.

4 comments:

Marie Rex said...

We are all part of the greater whole and a link in the chain of life.

As much as we might want to be hermits. I know I could use some hermit time.

Nice pics.

Hotboy said...

Marie! If you can't get away from neighbours where you are, where can you? Hotboy

rob said...

Good bike.

Congrats to PC on not falling through the ceiling. If he has procreated already, tell him he can stop trying.

Now I see why you never do anything. Too dangerous.

Those burglars are basturns, they must be middle class. Hide in the cupboard with a baseball bat till they open it looking for swag. Or better still use boxing gloves with a horseshoe. More satisfying and you'll lose some weight.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I can't afford a baseball bat! One time you could have used a poker, but no one has coal fires anymore. Hotboy