Sunday 9 May 2010

Faith, Hope and Charity!

Sunday 11:50 p.m.
I think faith, hope and charity are tim things. And the greatest of these is charity. You could call that last one compassion, it seems.

What about folk you don't like, Jack? Just get a gun and shooty them, Hotboy. Then some other joes or josephines will appear to take their place and you can shooty them as well.

This has not been a great weekend. Whilst drinking far too much and being on my ownio, several dislikeable apparitions have appeared. Sometimes I used to regard them fondly and sometimes .... but this weekend these apparitions have appeared in my mind's eye with much negativity attached. I've developed an unfortunate attitude, or allowed this to develope, about two people.

You only have a certain number of thoughts arising. This weekend these have included two folk who sometimes I have regarded as the wonderful people, but not just now.

Can I kill them by thinking about them in a negative way, Jack? Are you asking me, Hotboy, if you can kill folk by thought? Yes, Jack. That's both an absurd and interesting proposition, Hotboy.

Two folk fell out with me and both of them quite soon after suffered unfortunate retributions. Whether it was to do with me or not, I can't say. I hope it had fung all to do with me thinking bad thoughts about them, of course.

If you've been trying to improve your concentration for about twenty four years and ... exacerbate the Copenhagen Interpretation ... I'm skint, of course, so if you want me to think ill of someone ... I'll give them a horrible ending for about ten pounds an hour. Milarepa killed about thirty folk before he got so freaked he had to hide away and do the juju for the rest of his life.

I think this is more like voodoo or black magic than buddhism!

Mental formations, ideations, volitional impulses, thoughts ... sometimes these are not so good. Obviously, you should let them be and go. But it's like they're on a carousel, and keep coming round.

Anyway, back to the jobbie tomorrow. Dearie me!

2 comments:

rob said...

If the two people are visitors to this blog, you've now forewarned and forearmed them. Blam! No help.

Better idea: write them into a novel and make them work for you. Or develop compassion like the Tim scriptures say. Like me before bliss pills.

Hotboy said...

Albert? No, they weren't visitors to my blog. But I had a dream about them last night. Both appeared with totally beaming blissed out faces, giving me these gigantic smiles. Quite cured me. I think I'm getting some thoughts because of subtle nicotine withdrawals. Hotboy