Thursday 20 May 2010

Debriefing!



Thursday 6: 15 p.m.
I was still always falling down during this time, and I would always say, before falling, "I'm about to fall down", and almost nobody, nobody ever caught me. Tennessee Williams. The door.

A fabulous sentence, don't you think, Jack?

I found a fag in my shirt pocket on Tuesday morning and wondered how it got there. But no mysterious bruises, nothing like that. I had all my fingers and toes, but emailed Beef McDuck to find out about the end of Monday evening. Apparently, I bolted for a taxi when we were on the way to the pub, and escaped the copious amounts of whisky Beef and Froggy were heading for. It seems they started, in a friendly way, to punch each others ribs in the bar to see how good they might be at that. Beef said his ribs the next day were fine, but his hands and wrists were a bit sore. There's three inches of blubber on Beef before you get near his ribs, so God knows how Froggy's ribs felt the next day as he carted the wife and wanes back to Froggieland.

One of the photies taken on this glorious afternoon is of the gooseberries starting to appear already. You get a lollipop if you can say what the other plant is. I'll give you a clue. It's like making a lot of money.

Just out of the bath after doing the short Craigcrook/Ravelstone Dykes run.

The bliss has been exceptional today. I may blog about it later.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have never seen gooseberries on the plant before--how lovely they are!

Hotboy said...

Dash! At last someone has landed on this bloggy who is baldy through choice! The goosegogs will double in size, at least. The other plant is mint. Don't suppose much of that grows in yon desert where you hail from. Hotboy

rob said...

One could deconstruct the Tennessee W sentence, but one doesn't wish to be provocative.

"It's like making a lot of money." Thanks for the clue, but I'm only interested in inheriting a lot of money.

Hotboy said...

Albert? All the little bits your blood sucking evil antecedents removed will come back and ... remove you!! I'm so pleased I've no chance of inheriting any money from anyone. It's just one little strand of one's moral superiority viz a viz the evil bourgeois! Hotboy p.s. I don't know what deconstruct means ... but if you can write a better sentence than that whilst expressing such loneliness and alienation, I'll take my hat of to you! But you can't! Neither can I. You should drink some wifebeater (i.e. beer with some beer in it) and go outside in the garden, shouting: Stella! Stella! now that your partner has left your dying rat squooshed under the bedpost.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm voluntarily bald as well! What is it that you're hiding under all that hair?

Hotboy said...

Doggy! Are you sure you'd have a full head of hair such as moi could sport if I didn't spend seven quid on a number one every six weeks or so? I know you are not as old as the perverts who normally haunt these comments pages, but if you just left your pate alone ... if you were one of these potato men kids get, you'd get sent back for not producing the grass on your heid! I'm sure. I mean, Dashing isn't baldy if she doesn't shave her heid, is she? Are you a secret slapheid or aren't you? That is the question! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Seven quid? Up against the wall, ya bourgois scum! Or just get yourself a razor like a proper monk.

My hair actually grows in unsettlingly fast if I go a day or two without shaving. Methinks you might be concealing a certain flatness of heid under that no. 1 cut...

Hotboy said...

Doggy! Methinks that you may harbour some baldy patches disguised by the shaving of your heid. Whereas moi has to keep my hair short so that the schoolgirls do not swoon on seeing the voluptuousness of the blond locks as they wave in the wind and catch the sunlight beaming down. The schoolgirls have a hard enough time as it is what with all the pheromones flying about during the head stand demonstrations. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

By the way, today I read Daishin a bit of Are You Boys Cyclists?, just so she understands the depths of your depravity...

Hotboy said...

Doggy! I'm so so unloved up these days! Dearie me! Hotboy p.s. "You have committed fornication! Ah, but that was in another country and, besides, the wench is dead!" pps That's getting absolved by Shakespeare ppps I never liked him anyway!