Wednesday 5 May 2010

Wednesday night!

Wednesday 9:05 p.m.
Once I felt so wonderful at the Samye Ling during this meditation that I wrote them a letter thanking them for the physical bliss and mental ecstasy. For that's what it seemed like at the time, Jack! I think this was years before I took refuge.

Over the last couple of days, the bliss has seemed to increase into something other than just the amazing bliss I was getting sometimes anyway. Something more blissy! I think you get habituated to the bliss maybe, and then it can be cranked up again. But I do feel as if I've entered yet another bliss zone now. Hurrah!

I'm in the same boat as everyone else who meditates. You don't know what the next bit will be like. If you did, you'd practise more.

In the full Beer Monster Reduction Vehicle, I did a shadow boxing session last night. Six three minute rounds -after the skipping and the warm up stuff - is very exhausting. It always has been. You always have to finish feeling knackered. I'd recommend this form of exercise to all mad people. You don't stay still. You move as much as possible in a welter of snorting and sweating. It's as exhausting as you want it to be.

This afternoon the old toothless one and moi did the Ravelstone Dykes run. Much cherry blossom. So I don't have to take any strenuous exercise tomorrow. I don't have to do anything tomorrow and the flat is empty tonight. I'm going to have a wee sit now and investigate the bliss.

Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss! What a fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!

12 comments:

onan the bavarian said...

You should perhaps have thanked yourself for doing the bliss.

onan the bavarian said...

PS you might have enjoyed the recent 24 hour flight. Nothing to do except sit there. I even tried blissing myself for a few minutes. I think for a Flatheid like me, 2 minutes every day would be more effective than say an hour once a month.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Folk who are obviously completely happy in themselves like you ... just buy a gun! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? Long flights and meditation go hand in hand. Anywhere you are a bit confined. I meditated most of the way to Nepal. Felt much better after it than I should have done! But what's the point of talking about meditation to the too dumb to meditate!? If you did two minutes three times a day, you'd make some king of difference, be it ever so teeny. But what about the butterfly effect? You could turn into a butterfly! Hurrah! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

chico caliente,
what a fortunate creature iam iam....
nice to be reminded, haven't heard you say it for a while, i'll be saying it all day now...it works for the too dumb to meditate
loveandpeacexxx

Hotboy said...

Spango Yogini! I've had three fantastico meditations today so far! Oh, what a fortunate creature, I am. I am! What a fortunate creature I am! Hotboy p.s. Brilliant docu. on Cordoba and Islam last night. Quite a history! How fortunate you are to live there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hotboy. It's Rodz Kohime here.

Like everyone, I'm really busy all of the time. Dashing here, there, and often back to here again.

Is there anyway that I could do a cut-down version of this bliss stuff? How about, for example, if I invest ten minutes a day in it.

What could I expect?

Better still, can I meditate when I'm doing something else, for example, when I'm cleaning my teeth?

RK

rob said...

Hotters. What's the best position for meditating on the toilet?

Anonymous said...

I say!

It was in "a welter of snorting and sweating" that, some time ago, I caught Cabbage in flagrante with a young girl, and had to dismiss him.

MM III

Anonymous said...

Hi Hotboy. It's Rodz Kohime here.

I was trying this yoga stuff, getting into all sorts of unnatural positions - feet round the lughole and so on - but couldn't help noticing that my toenails needed clipping. Should I do it blindfolded?

RK

Anonymous said...

Hi Hotboy. It's Rodz Kohime here.

Would it make a difference if it's a Bavarian toilet? We should know.

RK

rob said...

Rodz. What is the official pronunciation of your surname? If it's okay with you I might adopt it as a mantra.