Wednesday 12 May 2010

School's out!

Wednesday 9:20 p.m.
The Firth of Forth as we jogged down to Cramond today looked absolutely gorgeous; blue skies up above and cumulonimbus over Fife. The old, toothless one said it was for free and so it was.

I haven't run for more than four miles or so for nearly two months and we were out today for one hour and fifty minutes. Maybe nine miles. Heroic, so it was, Jack. Bloody heroic.

Yesterday, when I was lying on the couch expecting to doze off after work, so much bliss started filling out my head, neck and shoulders that I thought I'd better get up and have a wee sit, but it didn't get much better than it was when I was lying on the couch. Maybe some day such a thing might happen every time I go to bed. That would make all the effort worthwhile!

There's nothing really to be achieved and I'm not going to achieve it anyway, but I can't seem to stop trying. A large part of me wants to get back into writing and having more normal pursuits like that, but ...

I haven't been going to my Tai Chi class since before Christmas, but I went back last night. So I'm sitting there at the interval having a read at The Inward Journey by F.C. Happold when his woman sitting beside me said, "I used to know him." He was called Frank. On the book cover it said it cost £1:80. Them were the days. She said he must be dead now. She said he was not a very appealing person, but had a giant brain. Small world. Frank helped me by explaining my ten seconds of non-self and emptiness in his book called Mysticism, which I read about thirteen years ago.

The flat is empty tonight and next Monday is a public holiday. Hurrah! It's just getting dark now and it's ten to ten. Time for a wee meditation, I think!

2 comments:

rob said...

Nice coincidence. But did you talk to the woman about herself, or was it just a moment of bliss-speak and a wasted opportunity? PS I get tongue tied too, but only with hotties, and it sounds like she can't have been one any longer.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Of course, I wanted to tell her all about moi, but she didn't seem very interested in moi at all! How odd! Hotboy