Sunday 23 May 2010

This wonderful day!

Sunday 11:10 a.m.
The best thing was when the old, toothless one put back our run from one till three p.m. That gives me time to do everything before then because I don't expect to be in much of a state to do much afterwards! By everything, I mean the odd dog pose, head stand, bit of tai chi, and about four hours on the cushion. There's no rush now. There's no one in either since the Domestic Bliss was at her mother's last night.

I'm really enjoying feeling calm this morning. You cannot over-rate feeling calm. It's only this morning when I'm feeling quite calm that I realise I haven't been all that calm up till now. Too many flatheids! Too many appointments! Little things on your mind that you don't even know are on your mind.

So far I've done an hour and a half, the first meditation. That took me up to the Kyrie Eleison Christe Eleisons, and the bit when I ask for help for all the dead people I know. The next bit is when you die and arise as a light being. I know this is going to be great this morning!

Why do I have all the fun, Jack? It's because you meditate, Hotboy! Why do the flatheids give off all that moaning and groaning? Because they do not meditate, Hotboy! It's a simple life, so it is! Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

1:05 p.m.
Felt the heat coming on during that meditation, but not during the first one.

3 p.m.
The run was put back till four, and I did another hour just then in the lobby after going out for some messages apres luncho. Concentration not quite as good as in the morning I felt like dozing off a few times. Came on strong at the end, but no such much puffings of heat. I'll do some more and await the phone call to tell me of the approach of the old, toothless one. It's a hot day for a run!!

2 comments:

rob said...

Re the DB at her old dear's. I see they let lassies share sentry duties nowadays in your feminist country. Next they'll be doing national service, like in Israel. Who will look after you then?

Hotboy said...

I can make toast. You don't have to worry about me! Hotboy