Saturday 8 May 2010

Mare about the bliss!









Saturday 9:30 p.m.
The Domestic Bliss is away to a singing and dancing extravaganza, so I've been on my ownio again this weekend.

Today I went down to Napiers, the herbalist, looking for sesame oil since this is a cure for leprosy. They didn't have any.

But I've been meditating almost all day. The best one was the first one up the allotment this afternoon. I got there about four and sat down with my back to the post Uncle Brian put up years ago for the raspberries. Decided to cure the leprosy by sunshine. A really beautiful meditation that.

I only bought half a pizza this month and finished it on Thursday. So I was only smoking it with tobacco for about five days and getting off the tobacco yesterday was quite easy. I'll have another bottle of collapso this evening, but after that I'll be down to the home brew for the rest of the month. I mean, that's quite hard going!! But I should pay back £150 to the credit card basturns this month.

I've got a feeling that you've got to try and try though. Just get on with it. The only hassle is when you're not meditating.

Sesame oil. I think I read once that Tilopa, who is the first joe in the lineage, (Tilopa, Naropa, Marpa, Milerapa, Gampopa) was the servant of a prostitute when he gained enlightenment. He was grinding sesame seeds to make oil. So he's grinding away there and gets enlightened and floats up the to top of this tree he's sitting near, still grinding away there. The prostitute comes by and seeing Tilopa floating about at tree height, she gets enlightened as well and she floats up to join him.

It's just a story, Jack. of course, floating about the place is impossible. In the Disbelieving Congregation we're not going to believe in this irrational nonsense. St Teresa was seen to float (but that was long time ago!) and St Joseph of Cupertino was seen to float (but that was a long time ago!), and these stories of folk floating about and all are a lot of rubbish!!

Prahlad Jani is under observation for days and days and not eating and drinking and that's impossible. The buddha boy is under his tree and doing the same thing and that's impossible. It's great having all these impossible things happening, so it is, Jack.

If I come back to the bloggie when I'm pissed .... a dead rat! Ah what company that would be!! Not!!

The photies were taken at the allotment today and this evening.

7 comments:

rob said...

In photie 7 that looks like what my old man used to build and call a tit box.

Food grade sesame oil might be cheaper at the supermarket.

Napiers still has that smell. I used to buy herbal baccy there.

rob said...

Good news:

There's a glut of collapso here, and they're practically giving it away in the shops.

And for some reason Bavarisn beer is cheaper than the local piss.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Napiers was empty. How do they keep going? They must sell a lot of blood purifier! Hotboy p.s. The box in photie 7 is actually a hut!

rob said...

Do you get any tits in it?

Hotboy said...

Albert? In what? Hotboy p.s. The bird box is a redundant this year since all the wee birds are deid due to the harsh winter.

rob said...

I was originally going to comment "do you get many tits visiting your hut" but I knew what the response would have been.

Hotboy said...

Albert? The wren's nest wasn't used for three years and fell down due to lack of repairs. But I saw a wren the last time I was up at the hut, so they're no all deid! Hotboy p.s. The bird's house was used the first time I put it up, but when unused last year. I was up for a fortnight there and no wee birds came near it. Hotboy