Thursday 27 May 2010

Bliss Diary!




Thursday 12:30 p.m.
Sometimes you're just getting there when you have to stop. The second sitting of the morning was nearly an hour and a half, but sore legs stopped play. My concentration wasn't as good as it could have been, but loads of the bliss, especially towards the end. I coughed at one point when trying suck in a big breath and that seemed to kick start the heat somehow. Not much heat though tons of bliss!!

Can you see any obstacles coming up over the weekend, Hotboy? Well, Jack, it looks as if I should have the wind at my back. The Domestic Bliss is going out of town for the weekend and I only have one appointment. I hate having anything lined up, but this one is a bit special. The widow of my friend who was cremated in Bali last summer is putting up some money so his pals can have a drink on him this Sunday lunchtime. If ever there was an open grave ... but he was a special kind of a guy, and I'll be meeting up with the folk we did a house swop with twenty years ago, etc.

"He's never early. He's always late. The first thing you learn is your always gotta wait." The inimitable Lou.

I'm going to score this afternoon. I have always loved scoring. One of my favourite things!!

7:50 p.m.
I can't connect to the Karmapa broadcast. I think I'll just go into the lobby and do the bliss instead.

10:00 p.m.
The photie of the hut was taken when I'd stopped meditating, realising that a storm was blowing in. Twenty wonderful minutes with eyes shut, sun bathing in the bliss, then it got a bit dark quite quickly, and blowy. There were hailstones before I got home. Then the skies opened. Hurrah! This is a brilliant place to live, so it is. None this opening up your curtains in the morning and saying,"Not another bloody beautiful sunny day!" We get a wee bit of drama. Thank god I don't live in Kansas. You can get too much drama. Wee hailstones. Moderation in all things.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

I think that the actual quote was "Oh God...Not another fuc*in beautiful day"

I should know. I was there. Happy Valley Days. They were wonderful, so they were.

Next time you're in the Norfolk http://www.fairmont.com/norfolkhotel mention my name. I'm sure it will be worth a Tusket or two.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Where have you been, Mingin'? This I.O. Tollie joe has shown up though and we all hate him. But you have to say mine is more poetic and has no sweary words in it as they are not allowed on this blog. Hotboy

rob said...

Not sure if you're referring to the cellmate, who arrived in Kansas yesterday. Can't remember if I blogged about it or it's telepathy.

Hotboy said...

Alberr? Why would anybody end up half way round world in Kansas? Unless it's one of them freebie conferences that academics attend to freshen up their airmiles scams. I thought so! Hotboy

rob said...

You got it in one.