Monday 10 May 2010

Tummo!

Monday Lunchtime
Back at the jobbie it is clear that things have moved on again. So you don't have to be enjoying yourself for this juju to work! Anyway, I've been getting quite warm this morning, and quite a bit warmer than last week. Hmmm?

Of course a decade or so ago, like everyone else I would have assumed that hopping about on one leg half way up the Himalayas wearing nothing but your simmit was a sure way to die of frostbite. Well, it's not a sure way to die of frostbite, not if you can get warm behaving the way I do. It asks more questions than it answers of course.

My favourite impossible thing is the appearances of the Virgin Mary at Zeitoun in Cairo. I'll show you the page. It's here. There are videos there, but an account here.
This isn't a spoof. I found out about this around 1982 when I was working in a catholic school for the first time. Most amused, I was. Odd that the catholics were boosting it since it's a coptic church the apparitions happened at.

Anyway, I'd be interested in any suggestions as to what might be going on here!

By the way, the woman who owned the Holy Isle had a dream where the Virgin Mary told her to sell the island to the buddhists at the Samye Ling. How ecumenical can you get!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Well, dingle my dongle, as they say in some parts of silicon valley - what more proof could anyone need of the existence of flying saucers?

They have a lot of them up at Mangochi as well.

Yesterday, Wilson thought he could see the face of Geoffrey Boycott in his nsima. I thought it looked more like Len Hutton. But they both opened for Yorkshire, so what's the diference?

Too many miracles!

MM III

rob said...

I can explain what's going on here. Photons.

rob said...

The Holy Isle woman might be interested to know I once had a dream where Charlton Heston told me which horse to back the next day. And I did. And it won. I'm thinking of founding my own religion around it.

rob said...

Mingers. Is it healthy to spend so much time looking at one's nsima?

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Flying saucers? Why not? If it wasn't the Virgin Mary, I'd be interested in someone telling what it was. Extra-terrestrials or what? Hotboy
Albert? Is it impossible to engage a flatheid such as you in this debate? If it looks like the Virgin Mary ... the simple explanation is that it is the Virgin Mary except she's been deid for about 2,000 years, so what is it?
Albert? The next time you get a dream like that put on a hundred dollars for me and just take it back off the winnings (before you post the cheque!) Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters. Yes it's impossible. Thank goodness. Some of us have stuff to get on with.

rob said...

He he. I'm sure I recognize your suggestion from that play by McKenzie about the two guys and the hut.

Hotboy said...

Albert? It is a complete coincidence that yon wonderful playwright has a hut in his place, I'm sure. Hotboy