Thursday 3 June 2010

Weeds 2!

Thursday 1:30 p.m.
It dawned on me about the weeds. The weeds must be taking carbon from the carbon dioxide in the air and making it into cell walls. Organic chemistry is all about carbon and weeds are organic. So since carbon is good for plants, if you pull the weeds out and just leave them there, they must add something to the soil. When they rot, it must be mostly water that's disappearing.

If weeds are beneficial, given that you've got plenty of room and are not choked in weeds, why then does nobody want to grow them, Jack? Mayhap this be more anal retentiveness from the severe Calvinist toilet training regimes, Hotboy, which, combining with the .. def, dight, def, dight! ... marching up and down, makes the upwardly aspiring, evil ones neurotically tidy.

Tidy folk are not happy people. Just waiting to be agitated by messiness. We might have leprosy, but thank God we don't suffer from tidiness, Jack!

7 comments:

Marie Rex said...

I think you are right on the tidy issue.

I don't suffer from it either.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Good! Some people suffer from tidiness and make other people suffer for it as well! Hotboy p.s. I remember jet lag. I didn't like it.

Anonymous said...

I saw!

Wilson assures me that it in the village, they leave the pulled up weeds in the gardens, and this helps the maize to grow.

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

That should have been 'I say!' and not 'I saw!'

MM III

rob said...

In Bavaria, the farmers encourage the weeds, then plough them all in to the earth as nutrient. The perfect balance of non-interference and anality. No wonder they did so well out if the war.

rob said...

of

Hotboy said...

Mingin' and Albert? I'm so pleased to hear this about the weeds. Why doubt oneself, eh? I'll pull them out then and just leave them lying there. That'll show them! Hotboy