Sunday 27 June 2010

Allotment shots!






Sunday 10:40 p.m.
The first poppy opened up among the tatties. Stray marigolds have recently been appearing along the side of the central path, but the colours don't come out on the camera. I started taking photies of the stuff I was able to eat today. Blackberries, I think. And strawberries. And raspberries from not a great year of raspberries and this maybe because I haven't now got a hose long enough to water them.

Fecund. This is a wonderful place to spend your life, so it is. I think the allotment might be so fecund because of the harsh winter we had, but who knows? I spent a good forty five minutes clearing the weeds, which seem to be called biomass, but maybe not, from between the ridges of potatoes. No one grows weeds in the whole of the allotments like my weeds. I'm agog this evening at how much they are and how fantastic they will be declining back into the ground with some plus.

The buddhist wummin says hullo. She's at the gate. That's where her allotment is. She was not facing away and bending down as I walked passed tonight.I was just trying to walk past. I know she has a wonderful butt. I do not think she wants to be the progenitor of lustful thoughts and I should be cool. So I'm walking past. She's been doing her botany josephine gig on this allotment for at least the two hours I'd spent sitting meditating among the weeds, but she's hustling me into a conversation, as they do. Or if you are lucky. Because it is not good to be on your own and everyone should talk to everyone even although ...

So she says she can only sit for about ten minutes before she has to get up when she's meditating on her own. She says before this year, every time she went to meditate with the nun, I was there....

Being brought up a kafflick really fungs you up. But it is also providing all the saving graces.

Having been monogamous since Moses was a lad, I cannot really say that I would like to hump this person. Just about anybody would do. No wonder everyone used to wear masks!

Just prior to this, in the hut, I was engaging with some serenity, some feelings of calmness and not having to do anything about anything. Li Ching-Yuen said tranquility was a prerequisite of longevity. So was sitting like a tortoise. Ever tried that one, Jack!? Sitting like a tortoise and walking like a spritely pigeon? I do not think so, Hotboy. Do you know what the Taoist joe told Genghis Khan about how he could live longer? Lay off the babes, Jack. Well, you have certainly done that, Hotboy. Just continue to lay off the babes!

I hope everyone who reads this thinks they're living a wonderful life. I certainly feel like that right now!

11 comments:

Marie Rex said...

Your black currents are nearly ripe. Mine won't be until Aug.

I've got a couple tiny tomatoes and peppers. My strawberries have just started to fruit. Be a while till they are ripe.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Stange what a difference a couple of hundred miles makes! Hotboy

rob said...

Yes, anyone wanting to hump Albert would need a gas mask.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I can't think how that would help, but I've never been that sophisticated! Hotboy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hotboy said...

Anon! No idea! Hotboyn p.s. I'm hotboy on this blog!

Anonymous said...

I say!

All of that, AND England keep winning at cricket. We're fortunate beings, so we are.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Why does everyone cheat at sports these days and try to con the referee? What happened to the straight bat? Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

The straight bat is by far the most important thing in cricket. Wouldn't have it any other way, either.

MM III

Anonymous said...

hello! i love the photos-- i suddenly have a hankering for berries of any variety. how were the first potatoes and onions of the season?

Hotboy said...

Dashy! I started eating the potatoes and onions last week, and a day or two later the Domestic Bliss brought home the first cabbage. The potatoes are known as first earlies; they're smaller than main crop, but very tasty! This means I now have three basic ingredients for my soup.Hurrah!