Thursday 24 June 2010

Thursday's Bliss Diary

Thursday 9:45 p.m.
Just after the first meditation of the day.

Things have started at such a high point. What a day I'm going to have!

Guru Yoga is a very difficult for me since I am so full of moi! But it is integral to this juju, being one of the skilful means.

Wonderments and amazingnesses may be mine today, but I'm not claiming that it's because of what I'm doing. I'm just trying to get onto the park in the hope that someone will pass me the ball. I don't think Lama Yeshe went into his darkness retreat last year, or did all those other solitary retreats, for himself. I think he did them for me. Maybe not just for me, but for me as well. Compassion and altruism is the basis of the path. You're not going to become the buddha that he surely is unless you've developed that. Sometimes today I've felt like he was the sun shining down on me. You've got to try to get your head into that space, I think. Plug yourself into the lineage that goes back to Milarepa, back to Shakymuni. This must help to get the moi out of moi!

These meditations tend to get better and better as the day goes on. Set your controls for the heart of the sun!

2 comments:

rob said...

If I understand you correctly (!) you only need to aim to get a stone or two of moi out of moi. That should be easy.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I might end up in the pub today (Saturday). Unfortunately, that's easier. Hotboy