Tuesday 8 June 2010

New Day!

Tuesday 3:10 p.m.
What a difference a day makes!!

Quite often I have a lousy sleep on a Sunday night. This is probably because I almost always drink some beers on a Sunday night, and when I waken up in the middle of the night, I don't get back to sleep again. This does not happen on a non-work day. Beer or no beer, then I just sleep.

I used to hate being awake through the night. You're tossing, turning, wishing you could just go to blinking sleep!

These days, due to the advancements in the meditation, I usually hardly mind at all. In fact, sometimes I really quite enjoy it, this being awake in the middle of the night.

It's the bliss, Jack! The bliss from the yoga nidra. Last night, I found it harder to stay flat out doing the yoga nidra for long, but was getting the bliss on either side. That's the way to do it!

A wee while ago, I was nodding off. I'm looking forward to hitting the couch after I get home! But today has been so much better than yesterday. Tomorrow I attain a modicum of freedom around noon. Hurrah!

Just finished a good novel called The White King by a writer called Gygorgy Dragoman. There's a section in a wheat field that's as good as anything.

6 comments:

rob said...

That's the main reason I gave up drinking beer with beer in it. Being awake in the middle of the night. It'd be handy if you were a burglar though.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Do you think I should switch to the plonko collapso? Beer makes you a fat basturn as well! Hotboy

rob said...

You could experiment, but the wine might give you even worse sleep. I would try Buckie, it's cheap enough so in the middle of the night you could just drink yourself back to sleep. BTW, do they still make Scotsmac? Vinnie and I used to drink that after the pub.

Of course if only you were taking your bliss in pill form, you'd sleep like a baby. A baby zombie, it's true, but whatever gets you through the night.

rob said...

Re the fatness. Have you considered masturbating it away? Not something I have to do, fortunately.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I have always admired the chemical life, as Christopher Isherwood described the way Auden lived. Dexedrine during the day, barbs at night. I don't think alcohol is a nice drug. I only do it because I can't buy decent drugs. Oh, how |I would enjoy drifting off to a cannybliss yogurt made from Afghani! Obviously, I'm doing tantryana, but I'm not going to discuss mere winking with the likes of you! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? BTW they should ban Buckie. Wide awake, alert drunks we don't need! Hotboy