Tuesday 15 June 2010

Vase Breathing, Heat and Bliss!

Tuesday 9:42 p.m.
This post won't interest you if you don't meditate. People do land on this blog looking for information about vase breathing, tummo, gtumo, bliss, meditation and heat. So this is for you.

I don't know what bliss is though I've just been practising and getting shedloads of it. I suppose it might have something to do with serotonin, dopamine or whatever, but if so, I've no idea how it works. I don't think anyone has. In the press yesterday there was an article by this prof saying that serotonin levels have bugger all to do with depression, but this is contested. Nobody knows. Ignorance prevails as usual.

I started meditating twenty five years ago come this September/October, so that would make me thirty four. I started getting into the bliss when I began to meditate three times a day and got up at six in the morning to do some before going to work. I think I must have been about forty two then.

A guy called Dave Gibson encouraged me to take refuge, saying it would improve my meditations, and it did. I took refuge after reading The Bliss of Inner Fire and got an empowerment from Lama Yeshe, in rather peculiar circumstances I might say, around Christmas 2002. I took refuge on January 3rd, 2003.

I had made some connection between bliss and breathing when I was ten weeks off work a wee while after this, but I had my first experience of inner heat on April 6th, 2003. I've never had anything quite like that since.

There has been a slow, gradual development of bliss and heat since then.

I think you're supposed to be opening channels in your subtle body. My visualisations of these channels, the drops, the deity, etc., are very poor, but the channels seem to be opening anyway!

I've encountered no problems with any of this stuff though I maybe should have since I haven't received any instructions and I don't do stuff the way it says in the books.

I started moving awareness up through the four chakras you use about eighteen months ago when I was getting some side effects from concentrating soley on the navel chakra. Also, this is the way to the bliss. The bliss you get from the chakra in the middle of your brain is the business!

These days at every stage of the medicine buddha sadhana I do, I raise the awareness through these chakras in combination with vase breathing. This goes from the navel chakra and always goes back down the the navel chakra at every stage in the process. I don't know if this is recommended or not. I can't remember.

Ultimately, you are supposed to be able to collect the Four Blisses on the way down from the brain chakra. I don't know if I'll ever get there, but I am getting some bliss from every one of the four chakras I use. Not every time, but sometimes.

I'm definitely getting heat now, but not in the central channel. I suppose this is because my visualisations are so poor. But when the heat started checking in some more, these suddenly started to improve. I have no explanation for this. I have no explanation for any of this.

The jobbie is dead quiet today. I'm going to sneak off and do some more meditating. Here comes the bliss!

It's a shame the world is full of the too dumb to meditate, but it's not my fault!

THIS POST WAS WRITTEN BY JOHN McKENZIE WHO HAS TEN BOOKS ON KINDLE. THE ONES CLOSELY CONNECTED WITH BUDDHISM, MEDITATION, BLISS, VASE BREATHING, TUMMO, ETC., ARE
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buddha-Big-Bad-Wolf-ebook/dp/B005AIP7QE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319126284&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buddha-Big-Bad-Wolf-ebook/dp/B005AIP7QE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319126284&sr=8-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Land-Demon-Masters-ebook/dp/B004XJ7OEO/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1319126424&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Real-McCoy-ebook/dp/B0054H4MO4/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1319126490&sr=1-1

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chico caliente
i know your amigo the sensai reads everything you write....so can I leave a message for him here? i read everything he writes but can never comment!....hola barrygraham muchas thanks for putting the lovers up, so beautiful....
loveandpeacexxxx

Hotboy said...

Spango Yogini! Always nice to hear from you! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Spango Yogini! Are you on facebook? Hotboy

rob said...

If one isn't getting any instruction, how can one be sure which channels are or are not switching on? Surely the butt babe invite could have led you to instruction? Amongst other -tions.

rob said...

I believe gtumo is also G.I. shorthand for Guantanamo.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I reckon the only instruction worth anything is "keep meditating." But I am a bit isolated these days since I stopped going to the Monday night meditations. I should pursue the PHd student for religious reasons! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.